i caught fish on rocky ford creek!!

Discussion in 'Trip Reports with Pics' started by flytyerboy95, Jun 24, 2007.

1. flytyerboy95

flytyerboy95 Future fly fishing guide

Media:
    i did it ! i caught fish on rocky ford. i caught six but four of them where off the dock so i just purposley let them go when they got close anuff to the dock the other two i was able to land and get photos of:thumb: one of the ones i got a photo ofwas a pig PIG!!. it was about five pounds and pushing 25 inches!!!. i caught both the fish i have pictures of on glo-bugs i caught two of the dock on a stillborn midge and the rest on glo-bugs. i thought you all would like to know sense on my last trip i was skunked (see thread"skunked at rocky ford creek")

2. Mark Bové

Mark Bové Chasin tail

Media:
    Home Page:
    Hurray!! those fish get caught twice a day!!
    Nice work

3. Diehard

Diehard aka Justin

Media:
    That's not needed Mark.

Good job flytyer, sounds like a great time.

4. Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson dirty dog

Where's the picture?
    And if you caught the same fish twice in the same day that is really good. I've fished there for years and only can catch'em once a day. Ha,Ha

5. flytyerboy95

Media:
    sorry my computer sooooo slow it will take for ever but i might later. by the way im only twelve so i was the youngest person on the creek a lot of the more experiencd guys wernt catching anything and my dad got skunked with only one hook up which promptley got away. so i felt pretty lucky catching those fish :)

6. Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson dirty dog

The Ford can be intimidating to even experienced fly fisherman.
    When the water is clear and the fish can see you better than you can see them. Plus those fish have seen it all.
    I have got more on Glo-bugs than any other fly at the Ford. It is all about presentation, making your bug what that fat trout wants to eat.
    Also it is a mind set.
    Sharon and I were talking about it last nite. When Sharon goes out to the Ford, she doesn't think she is going to catch a fish. When I go out there I know I'm going to catch fish.
    Focus grasshopper, be one with the fish.

7. Jergens

Jergens AKA Joe Willauer

Media:
    Home Page:
    I started fishing there when i was your age since i lived in ephrata and i really think it helped me to get to where i am now. it can be as challenging as you want to make it. Think Grasshopper, grasshopper! (throw some big surface bugs out there this summer and you will probably be pleasantly surprised.)

8. flytyerboy95

Media:
    nice the grasshoper is liking the wisdom :). when we were there my dad decide to try a stimi and he hade a nice one come up and look at it. by the way it seemed odd but there was a NICE trico spinner fall while we were there (it just so happend i didnt have any tricos at all) isnt it a little to late for them? :confused: