I don't often jock a vendor... But Sage

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by James Mello, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Alex MacDonald

Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Media:
    Reddington is a Sage product? I wasn't aware of that. Maybe I should take that rod I got from Bill Kiene into them to see what they could do about the guides, if that's actually the issue. The rod's supposed to be a Sage, according to Bill

2. rainbow

rainbow My name is Mark Oberg

Home Page:
    Yes they are, but I don't beleave they will help you if it is custom or a blank. I could be wrong.

3. Kcahill

Kcahill Active Member

They are a big company and this is a pretty big forum, people are going to have good and bad experiences with the same company. I dont think anybody minds that you share your bad experience and if they do just ignore them or make fun of their puffy jacket.

KC

Kent Lufkin likes this.
  4. GAT

GAT Dumbfounded

Seems obvious to me. Someone can post a complaint in regards to Cabela's but not Sage. I now understand the rules. Lesson learned.

jordan101 likes this.
  5. James Mello

James Mello Inventor of the "closed eye conjecture"

Media:
    No one is saying you are in the wrong. You had a shitty experience, decided with your $$$ to not support company that wronged you. Just because other people had positive experiences shouldn't somehow make you feel wrong.

6. James Mello

James Mello Inventor of the "closed eye conjecture"

Media:
    Lordy.... Folks can, I just didn't understand why you brought it up in my thread of fantastic customer support. Sage *has* it's issues, as does Simms, Patagonia, etc... Folks bitch about them all the time.

7. gbeeman

gbeeman Active Member

I have built several rods using Sage blanks. I have had a couple of ocassions, through my own negligance, where I have broken a tip section. One was on a LL 5wt 4 piece and the other was on a 14' spey rod. In both cases I sent the rod back to Sage and they gave me a new tip section to wrap for a nominal fee. I believe it was around $20.

GBeeman