I guess I am pathetic

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Olive bugger, Apr 20, 2013.

1. GAT

GAT Active Member

Cast a Caption Exploding Fly Pattern.jpg

Thom Collins, Olive bugger and Krusty like this.
  2. Jim Paget

Jim Paget Active Member

My best buddy has tied up some caddis patterns using hair from his wife's old Maine Coon cat. The cat has been dead for a few years, but she just got another Maine Coon, so there may be some new flies appearing.

3. zen leecher aka bill w

zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

I used a blondish cocker spaniel we had years ago for dubbing. Tied up some big hare's ear or a stonefly nymph that was similar. The fish really liked it and went 4 fish in a row. First three came unpinned at shoreline and the last kept the fly.

4. GAT

GAT Active Member

Untitled-1.jpg

5. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Dreamer

6. Pete Bridge

Pete Bridge Member

Can't help my vivid imagination..

7. Olive bugger

Olive bugger Active Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Gives a whole new meaning to BURNT ORANGE BODY.....

8. JesseC

JesseC Active Member

Dats nothin'. I made some killer wooley buggers out of my armpit hair.

Put that is your kid's book itchy!

9. GAT

GAT Active Member

Yuck! I can see using mustache or beard hair but not something from your pit.... next think you know, you'll be using hair from a different part of your body!

10. Olive bugger

TMI

11. Rob Ast

Rob Ast Active Member

A Tups Particular if memory serves.

12. Olive bugger

I thought it was the urine stained underbody fur of the red fox.

But what the heck do I know. I also don't know any fox with urine stains on the belly.

13. hydrological

hydrological beads are NOT flies and snagging is just ghetto

maybe that too. tups indespensible is the one i was thinking of. havent seeen one for years. i beleive the rams started drinking light beer, and the wool is not correctly stained anymore.

14. GAT

GAT Active Member

I thought it was the a vixen arctic fox.... but it makes no difference. I've never seen the material sold at fly shops...

There's plenty of other pink dubbing material out there without resorting to something very rare.

I don't think I'd be for sneaking up on a female arctic fox to trim off tummy fur that she peed on. Who came up with this stuff?

15. Olive bugger

Soooo, are you one of those tyiers that just accept what ever come along at the fly shop? Besides, the vixen might just enjoy the attention. Be a little more discerning, GAT. Think of the fox, after all she has to live in the arctic all year long, winter included. Not a lot of social attention in January, up there. :)

16. GAT

GAT Active Member

ooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrr..... she could take offense and bite the hell out of me. Perhaps if we met at a bar first...

17. zen leecher aka bill w

zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

I met a couple of foxes but at the same time culled through a couple of piranhas and a smattering of shrews.

18. Olive bugger

I thought the shrews were best suited to the steelhead patterns.

Don't want any part of piranhas.