I Guess It's Time To Ask??? Dry Falls???

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Loteck Joe, Dec 30, 2005.

1. Loteck Joe Over The Hill Gang Member

Liberty Lake, WA.
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    When?
    What to bring?
    Who's going?
    My brother and I usually go camping at Keller Ferry on the first weekend after April 15th. (Tax Day!) He goes turkey hunting and I go fishing. That wouldn't be too far a drive for me. Though I would miss the nightly camping pleasures around the campfire. What say ya'll? Is the date set yet? Or have I missed out again?
  2. jabseattle jabs

Desert Dweller
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Well you didn't miss it...Too early to set a specific date but I guess now is a good time to start throwing somes dates around and zero in on the weekend at least by the end of Jan or 1st of Feb...who's gonna lead this?

Yard you gonna set up another poll for dates?
  3. Zen Piscator Supporting wild steelhead, gravel to gravel.

Missoula, MT
    Ratings: +12 / 0
    Backyard, are u gonna set this thing up? If you need help i can lend some lime in setting it up. It was a frickin blast last year.

Peace,
    Andy
  4. James Mello Inventor of the "closed eye conjecture"

Tacoma
    Ratings: +84 / 0
    Hecks yes! If you need any kind of help (other than sexual) you can feel free to ask me! I missed out on the full blown festivities, but based on the carnage that was there when I finally arrived, it *must* have been pretty damn fun! :) I just hope there aren't as many ticks next time around!

-- Cheers
    -- James
  5. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,396 / 0
    Do those little bitty bugs bother you????????:p :p :p

Jim
  6. bhudda heffe'

basement
    Ratings: +103 / 0
    can we go somewhere else this year please! bhudda
  7. Scott Salzer previously micro brew

Ratings: +165 / 0
    Bhudda - Suggestions?

MB
  8. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +433 / 0
    Quincy Wildlife Area? Dusty, Quincy, Burke, Evergreen, others too.......less than hour to some other top spots such as Lenice.

and of course there is always Grayland.
  9. jabseattle jabs

Desert Dweller
    I'm down for a new venue......I like Porter's suggestion of Quincy Wildlife Area

If we do choose to abandon DF and go with a new venue it should be central enough to bring in members from either side of the state.
  10. PT Physhicist

Edmonds, WA
    Ratings: +648 / 1
    If you guys want to push the date up a bit we could either fish the lake that's forming in my backyard or the two creeks that are flowing thru my basement.:thumb:
  11. James Mello Inventor of the "closed eye conjecture"

Tacoma
    Ratings: +84 / 0
    They don't bother me too much, but the dogs hated 'em pretty bad. More than that, my wife FREAKED when she found one of the buggers trying to burrow under her left boob.... Not cool! Those are totally mine so I burned the damn bugger!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
  12. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    I have not been to the Quincy Wildlife area for a few years...but there is ample camping room. (Dusty was chemed for those unwanted fish? and foilage a few years back) and Dusty is now FF only with some nice size RB's and Browns...of course a 1/2 mile hike is in order...easy down not as easy back ..need a float tube. Quincy and Burke will be great for 10"-12" planters plus carryovers up to 20"...tube, shore, or boat works....other lakes hold lots of creatures...plus trout. There are few pot hole type lakes that carry a variety of fish...Evergreen has Muskie or Pike can't remember off hand which. The Yakima River is about 60 - 70 minutes away and the lakes by Lenice must be an hour or less away. You can fish the Yakima by boat or foot. By foot for a 1.5-2 mile stretch the CWU cross country trail offers decent fishing, I have caught several trout in the 14" - 18" range through this stretch on many occasions. (Of course the Yak depends on flows) For those that don't like to camp there is town three or four miles away from Quincy Wildlife Area with hotels and restuarants. There's even a golf course next door for those who need to feel graphite of another manner. There are other lakes close by too, and of course the Columbia is a hop and skip away from this area.

And there's Grayland too!
  13. hikepat Patrick

Des Moines, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +12 / 0
    Do not care much where we fish and I have always like Dry Falls but if we can you can bet we will be there. One thing is the lake or lakes and camping must have room for all and it would be nice to be able to night fish and not have to drive back to camp but just launch from the camp site.
  14. Mingo the Menehune stole my beer

Happy Hour, WA
    Ratings: +348 / 1
    Good man James.......kill them, torture them, behead them, stomp them, smash them, make them fight each other to the death, force them to commit seppuku, anything to protect the wife's assets! DEATH TO TICKS!!! :thumb: I hate those little mini dungeness creepy nightmare Lemon Lime Disease-carrying scumsuckers!!!!
  15. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,396 / 0
    I think the reason behind Dry Falls is that the camp sites are so much better. The last time I was in the Quincy area there wasn't as much around for camping,unless it was a hard camp. There were no crapper's there,or running water.

At Dry Falls you have it all. Lights.Showers,Paved streets. All that is in the Quincy area is dust and dirt and ticks and snakes.

If that place is chosen I for one will not show up.

Jim
  16. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    Good Point Jim.....definitely don't want you going a day without cleaning and wiping yourself. It doesn't have the extra's...which would probably be wanted (needed).
    Scratch Quincy.
  17. jabseattle jabs

Desert Dweller
    More and more it's looking like Dry Falls as the venue...Buddha buddy what are your suggestions?

I'm okay with Dry Falls as the central hub even though camping fees are a rip off...IMHO but it is convenient for those that bring their "Hotel on wheels".....
  18. jbrodie New Member

Marysville, WA.
    I will head over to Dry Falls again this year. If WFF organizes a trip all the better. Jim.
  19. mike doughty Honorary Member

the uinta's
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    It should be central enough to bring in members from out of state. i vote for utah.:D
  20. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    Yeah Jim made a good point about wanting certain amenties.....They are nice.....and with a big group you would want these things .....I see there's a post now about doing a thing on the OP....OK..but does limit the trout guys?