I have a house.

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Theron, Mar 18, 2014.

1. My wife and I rented a home today about 7 miles south of Coupeville only a couple hundred yards from the beach. I am not sure about the fishing possibilities but it is a beach and it is mine to share with one other property. balcony.JPG I will be a resident here soon!

2. Congrats on your new home.

3. Sweet!

I expect you're jonesin' to play in the salt but two suggestions, if I may:

1. Stripping basket (beach fishing will be so much easier)
    2. Post-trip freshwater soak/rinse (your gear will last much longer)

Hope you have fun up here! :)

Ed Call likes this.
  4. Welcome Home Terry!!

Ed Call likes this.
  5. Your flly fishing options will be limited, but take the time to enjoy island life for a while. It can be addictive from what friends tell me.

Sg

6. Very nice!

7. Congrats! If you enjoy lake fishing for trout, you have Lone and Pass not too far away!

8. Congratulations. Great view!

9. Welcome! But now I'm just a bit envious of you, no long drive or ferry to fish Lone or Pass. Enjoy!

10. That's great! Congrats!

11. Welcome and congratulations! If I am not mistaken, your view is across the sound east to Camano Island. You may find the fishing better most of the time on the other side of Whidbey. The good news is the island is so skinny there, it's less than a ten minute trip.;)

12. Nice! I'm envious.

Mike

13. Envy here. Get yourself a smallish tin boat you can drag up the beach, and a couple crab pots.

14. That's nice. Everybody should have a place to live.

15. It has been a busy 3 days. I am looking forward to being able to fish Lone and Pass Lakes. The beach does not look that good for fishing but it will be a place to practice my casting. The property is surrounded by trees, there are eagles and a deer fence around the garden area so my wife is happy about that. The view is to the East towards Camano Island. I have a pram and float tubes for lake fishing. We bought a new Harley at Eastside Harley in Bellevue so we plan on exploring on that too. We fly back to Nebraska tomorrow and will put our house there on the market. We hope to move in mid to late April. I look forward to maybe getting the chance to meet some of you and do some fishing. One of the big bonuses is no more below zero winters and 100 degree summers. Life is good!

Gary Knowels likes this.
  16. Some times the weather will surprise you. I have had a few 100 degrees days in Western Washington and some below zero days. But for no more than three days in a row. At least not like from where you are from.