Iced Coffee?

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Don Perry, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Don Perry

Don Perry Member

I'm thinking of making the drive to Coffeepot on Friday. Can anyone tell me what the ice situation is out there?

2. Jmills81

Jmills81 The Dude Abides

prolly pretty icy, call the silver bow in spokane for intel

3. jwg

jwg Active Member

Good plan to get there early in the season before the rattlers warm up
    Jay

4. Porter

Porter Active Member

Yeah, yeah....... and stay away from those cross drains too :eek:

[​IMG]

Kaiserman, jwg and TD like this.
  5. TD

TD Active Member

Holy smokes!

6. Strike Zone

Strike Zone Member

What are those. A garbage sack full of potatoes?

triploidjunkie likes this.
  7. Kaiserman

Kaiserman content

Where is that Porter? I must find that place!!!

8. Porter

Porter Active Member

Near Sacramento River I believe. Road crew out on maintenance checking some culverts and ...Hello! :eek:

9. Kaiserman

Kaiserman content

I could only dream of finding such a den!

10. Porter

Porter Active Member

You are a weird dude! :p

11. triploidjunkie

triploidjunkie Active Member

I told you man, I know where some dens are. I even know the exact entrance to one. It usually looks about like that pic when you kneel down and shine your light in the hole. The place with the six foot plus snakes is right along a fantastic fly fishing stream. You carry a rod in one hand, a snake catcher in the other.

12. Porter

Porter Active Member

You too a weird man! :eek:

Kaiserman likes this.
  13. Kaiserman

Kaiserman content

Sign me up!

Hearing 10 to 12 rattlesnakes go off at the same time... music to my ears.

I just love snakes, especially poisonous ones. Get me around a hornets nest, and I'm like a screaming little girl. Well, not that bad... but darn near.

14. P-FITZ98

P-FITZ98 Member

Fished Sprague today. Its still ice in the middle but open on the east and west ends. I would assume Coffepot is still covered.

15. Strike Zone

Strike Zone Member

How was Sprague?
    Denny
    Get The Net

16. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

It's a sure bet if you see me there it's because I'm f...ing lost

17. Don Perry

Don Perry Member

I did drive out Friday to look. Lake is very low and the bay at the launch was still mostly iced over. Looked like the main lake was clear. All the ice should be gone by tomorrow if not already.

18. P-FITZ98

P-FITZ98 Member

Sprague was low, 33 degrees, still much ice, and fish didn't seem to be biting. Tried all the usual stuff. Shoulda went to Rock,I guess.

19. Old406Kid

Old406Kid Active Member

With all of this lowland runoff I'm sure Rock would be really murky. Lots of mud from the inlet and even though it's a good sized lake it still unfortunately gets screwed up.
    We have to be really close on our other area lakes. Liberty for ice out browns might be worth a look.
    I just came back to Spokane from Billings yesterday and most everything moving was blown out.

20. P-FITZ98

P-FITZ98 Member

Fished it today. Water is the lowest Ive seen in 20 years. Dude almost got stuck at the launch in his wifes minivan due to low water. 34 degrees. Quiet a few people. Looked like a big motorcoach rig of 206ers? Had a big trophy on the dash?