Iced Coffee?

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Don Perry, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Kaiserman content

Ratings: +420 / 0
    Every year I see more and more folks from the west side... everywhere! Man, fishing must suck over there.

How was fishing?
  2. zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Moses Lake, WA
    Ratings: +963 / 1
    I've seen lots of them. Next thing that happens is they start moving over to this side.:(
  3. Kaiserman content

start? :p

How was fishing?
  4. P-FITZ98 Member

Spokane, WA
    Ratings: +14 / 0
    Fishing was good for my son and I. I gave a couple flies to 2 guys and they were doing well .
  5. Kaiserman content

I did that at 4th of July 25 yrs ago, with same results.

I was catching nothing with the flies I tied, gave them to this other guy, he started knocking the pee out of them.

Not sure if that's a backhanded compliment.... but I'll take it. I really didn't know how to fish leeches at the time anyway.

As it turns out, your not suppose to fast strip leeches... come on man! :rolleyes:
  6. P-FITZ98 Member

Spokane, WA
    Ratings: +14 / 0
    I knew we would catch fish, haha. While rigging at the launch, I noticed the guys by us were pretty "green " and overheard him tell his buddy he was told to use a #12 bugger so he tied some the night before. I offered some advice and some flies that work for us there and he kindly accepted. No other boats seemed to be getting much, and when these guys approached us on the water, he said he had caught 3 and a 4th broke his fly off that I gave him. I offered him another, and told my son to reel up. While doing so , my boy and I BOTH hook up nice fish while reeling up with these guys right next to us intheir boat.Kharma at work I guess !
    Old406Kid likes this.