IF you could only have ONE

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by pwoens, Sep 2, 2004.

1. Which steelhead fly would you choose, and what color??

Myself, the black and orange string leech.

2. I'd have to pick a...

"Fifi" in peach. (It's an egg pattern with eyes tied on a red octopus hook.) :thumb:

3. GP, red/orange

4. Purple egg sucking string leech.

5. What evers working that day :confused:

6. sz 8 red copper john for around here. Winter run, purple articulated leach

7. I don know as I never caught a winter steelhead. But I have in the summer time and it was on top with a stimulator,an in second place a Humpie,also on top.

Jim

8. So far the youngest & the oldest answered the question wrong .... hahaha :p I didnt ask which two flies :p :p :p

9. Have you ever......

seen me do anything right :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Jim

10. I second the purple egg sucking leech. I tie it with either an orange or pink dubbing head, and with an underbody of purple polar chenille blended into a purple bunny body.

11. Purple articulating leech with a gold cone head...

12. Pink bunny leech.

13. Black spring creek special, for most salmonids excluding salmon species. Size 8, 2 XL TMC 5263, tungsten bead, black rabbit string tail (with or without flash), and black dubbing brush body.

14. Mover (Peacock breast)

15. Purple ESL totally plain, purple with shell pink cheneile head, best fly ever for any fish

16. GP black

17. one of my own spey designs

I would use one of my own spey designs. I have one "unnamed" that does the trick! If you want to know what it looks like go to the spey flies and look for Unnamed Under nwflyfisher. :thumb:

18. Purple Egg Sucking Leech

19. steelhead fly

a green butt skunk low water until the water is below 40 degrees , then a globug.

20. Black/red egg sucking leech.