If you could only own one sinking tip for Steelhead...

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by j herald, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Scientific Anglers introduced its Hi-Speed, Hi-D sinking line in 1977. Since that time I have used a 15' sink tip made of this material for easily 95% of all my winter steelhead fishing. If I could have only one sink tip line for steelhead fishing, it looks like I've cast my vote for this line again and again.

Sincerely,

Salmo g.

2. My experience parallels Salmo G's: a 15-foot spliced-on tip of SA HiSpeed Hi-D, which is about the same density as their newer Type IV. I've used that for about 85% of my single-handed steelhead fishing for decades (a 10' medium sink tip or a floating line gets the remaining 15% of use).

This kind of discussion question ("If you could have only one ------") is useful for prioritizing choices, but taken literally, it is unrealistic, and a little scary. Who would dare limit us to one: the Taliban? (It may come to that in a few decades, if the Party of Defeat directs U.S. foreign policy toward the Worldwide Caliphate; but I'll be fishing along with my own 72 virgins by then.)

3. WTF!?!?! Is that the response you were expecting?