ignorance is no excuse

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by nwtroutguy, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Officially a member of the no friends group. Why else would I talk to myself so much?

2. Steven Green

Steven Green Hood Canal Pirate

Media:
    This thread is dead. Time for everyone to go fishing for once. The salmon are upon us.

3. Go Fish

Go Fish Language, its a virus

Media:
    I'm calling in sick from the beach. Cough..cough, hack...

4. jcnewbie

jcnewbie Member

Speaking strictly from experience, I would respectfully suggest resolving the issue and shaking hands before partaking from the "flask!!" As the "Shadow" used to say, "........he could cloud men's minds and cause them to be blind" (to their own bulls__t?)!

If you think it's toxic now, wait until ya mix in a bit a' booze to the equation :eek:!

Jus' anudder newbie...:)

5. Denny

Denny Active Member

Media:
    To the extent he can't step up to his assertion " . . . but it is possible to fish cutts and not catch/target many salmon" and actually describe how it's done, it appears Hooker is, as some say, all hat and no cattle.

6. Jim Wallace

Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Myself I'm just a dumbass who's had afew beers:beer1::beer2:ptyd so's I'm gonna suggest a third definition:

Hooker: a brand of headers. Headers = exhaust manifolds that spew hot air and a lot of burnt gases. And then there's the guy who started this thread who can't even create a coherent sentence. Look at the last one in his opening post. WTF bitches?:beathead: Quit jumping on the "newbies." At one point in our lives we were all newbies. I'd fish with a newbie who asks "dumb questions" any day over an "expert" hooker or nwtroutguy. Puleeeze remove the asshats from your heads. Thank you!.

7. Ed Call

Media:
    I'm feeling all warm and welcome now! Thanks to those who help us noobies, tolerate our crap, don't just send "use the search tool you tool" and even laugh at our input.

JAWS, are we fishing?

8. Jim Wallace

Yes, but only if you bring the bananas!:clown: I'm still a newbie, myself. Always was, always will be. I hope I never get so full of myself that I consider myself an expert, with a mind like a steel trap....rusted shut. I'll share what I think I've found out, as I learn, but don't let that fool you into thinking that I actually KNOW anything, other than a little about my local waters. I just take wildass guesses and sometimes get lucky. I target naive cutthroat with attractor patterns.:rofl:

9. Ed Call

Media:
    HELL YES, I ain't scared of no silly superstition like that.

10. Jim Wallace

Not sure yet, but i may be heading up to Sequim in a few days, to see my folks. If so, I'll be beach fishing near there. I'll let you know.

11. D3Smartie

D3Smartie Active Member

Media:
    Jim- Let me know if you make it out this way...

12. Jim Wallace

OK. I'm due to visit my brother on BI, as well, but I think he wants to head out here for a visit. I'll probably head up to Sequim on Sunday, help my dad with some maintenance stuff, and go fishing. Be there for 2 or 3 days. I'm only taking my Native 12, as far as boats go.

Next weekend, on Sat the 26th, I think I'm going to enter the Elk River Challenge, just for fun. Its a "human powered boat race" launched from Brady's Oysters near the Elk River bridge. I'm hoping they have an "old slackers" division. At my age, what I need most is "more slack."

13. Coach Duff

Coach Duff Banned or Parked

Media:
    I love the rules Nazis. By the way, incidental catch is one of the great surprises and joys of fly-fishing. In fact when I fished sea-runs hard most patterns I tied on were Coho/Cutty/Blackmouth hybrids. Funny enough, they looked like sea-run cutthroat flies. If for some strange reason a big shouldered salmon decided to slam that cuttie fly, I shook my head in disgust, slapped my own wrists, and then got into the real business of counting jumps and runs as I landed it fast so it could be released immediately without lifting it out of the water. It's the least I could do, after all, it was hooked out of season. I felt baddddddd for another 3 or 4 minutes, or at least until the next "incidental" blasted my cuttie fly. Just being honest. Call me whatever the hell you want, but a poacher I am not. Neither are most of the rest of the boys on this site who flyfish. Now explain to Richard how you selectively hook only cutties when salmon are in the same areas. I'm no rookie and all ears. Duff

14. chadk

chadk Be the guide...

Media:
    It's pretty easy really...

At least in my experience... Just start actually targeting the salmon and all you'll get are cutties (and maybe a bullhead or flounder here and there between clumps of seaweed).
    :ray1:

15. Denny

Denny Active Member

Media:

Now that is absolutely true!

16. bhudda

bhudda heffe'

Media:
    you mean a fake cowboy:)

17. Porter

Porter Active Member

Ignorance...it's a excuse and so is being a dumb-f*ck...just check out the stella wards every year and see how much people win in court for the most god-awful dumb-sh*t stuff they do and the jury finds blame in others. Those a-holes pushing the envelope are called Neuweasels, yeah we had a Husky coach as one of them.

18. Coach Duff

Coach Duff Banned or Parked

Media:
    Very well said Chad K, actually perfectly said! And Porter, ignorance and rules pushing is BS only I'm not ignorant and if an orange Spider can catch anything that swims, blame Knudsen and Kinney, it's their fault! Love ya Porter. :beer1::beer1::beer1:Coach