I'll send you the special material swap

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by Warren Perry, May 8, 2008.

1. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,355 / 9
    This is a really cool thread to read. I especially like the photo of D3Smartie's flies. Any chance you can post photos of all the patterns? I eventually will like to try a swap process, but for now I'm just trying to get comfortable with my skills. I often have lots of time to tinker and tie or wrap rod blanks to make rods in sizes/weights that I don't yet have. Thanks for the good read...how about them photos? Oh, and How about them BOSOX and Celtics!!
  2. chattmr has never caught a steelhead... (its sad, I know)

Birmingham, AL
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    Mum - Pictures of all the flies will eventually be posted in the "fly swap" category of the gallery. You should check it out, there are some great tiers in this group and some of their previous efforts are in those galleries...

chatt
  3. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Chatt,

Thanks. Just browsed, killer flies that make me want to go down and try to duplicate them. I'm really a hack at tying, but it sure is relaxing and fun to do in my hours of insomnia filled nothingness when it is too dark to fish.
  4. Warren Perry Grizzly 6

Bow, New Hampshire, USA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Mike and Chattmr,

Your flies arived safe and sound. Great ties!

You are all going to be happy with the quality and variety of flies you get back

Warren
  5. Warren Perry Grizzly 6

Bow, New Hampshire, USA.
    Guys,

I beg your indulgence for a day or two. I need a couple of days to get the flies sorted and in the mail. I should have them out by the middle of the week.

Warren
  6. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    That is one of the most polite sentences I have read in years. I'd forgive him just for polite points.
  7. Warren Perry Grizzly 6

Bow, New Hampshire, USA.
    Gents,

I have confirmation that the last set of flies is in route to NM. Once they arrive I will try to turn them around in less than 12 hours.

Trust me, they will be worth the wait.

I appreciate your patience.

Warren
  8. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +110 / 0
    Thanks for the update, Warren. No worries on the time.
  9. Mike Etgen Not Quite A Luddite, But Can See One From Here

Port Orchard, Washington, USA.

Likewise, Warren - no worries here. Heck, I never thought about how much work it would be to host a swap. Where do you find the time - between long vacations to the east coast and extensive travel out into the Jemez? ;)
  10. Warren Perry Grizzly 6

Bow, New Hampshire, USA.
    The flies are all in and will go out in the afternoon mail. Pics will be posted as soon as I let Chris know we need a new swap category

Warren
  11. Warren Perry Grizzly 6

Bow, New Hampshire, USA.
    Gents,

The pics are in the gallery for your viewing pleasure. My photography is mediocre at best so I won't be offended if someone adds higher quality pictures after they receive the flies.

Thanks to all who participated, we are lucky to have some pretty creative tiers who used this unique hair.

Please let me know when you recieve your flies.

Warren

ps

Ron, Thanks for the extras, small soft hackles rock!
  12. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Warren,

Man, some of the folks got real creative. I got the buzzer (chironomid) idea stuck in my head and had to tie that.

Glad you like the little soft hackles. They are from around 1830 or so and fish well. I've been tying a lot of UK flies lately, figuring our trout haven't seen many of them yet.

REE
  13. Mike Etgen Not Quite A Luddite, But Can See One From Here

Just took a look at the collection. I'm amazed at some of the ideas, and jazzed about putting some to work, and some to copy, or both. Hope some of the other members take a look at these...the creativity is amazing.
    Thanks again for your effort, Warren.
  14. Troutbuster Got 2 Fish

Molt MT
    Got my flies today. Great flies. Can't wait to put chattmar's crawdad in front of a big carp.:thumb:
  15. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Mine arrived in the mail today also. Great work everyone. Very creative flies in this bunch. Thanks for a great swap, Warren.
  16. Mike Etgen Not Quite A Luddite, But Can See One From Here

Inexplicably, my set arrived a day later than Ron's. What with the holiday weekend, I just didn't get on line much over the last few days and hadn't acknowledged receipt, but wanted to say that you guys all did a great job and they all look like winners to me.

As REE said, thanks to Warren for the idea and for all the work that went into the swap.

:thumb: