illegal float plane coho fishing?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Jonathan Tachell, Aug 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Kerr

Jim Kerr Active Member

Media:
    A buddy of mine got a lawyer to help us with this about 13 years ago. I don't know if things have changed, we never got a clear cut answer other than "Don't retain any salmon and you'll probably be OK" We ended up saying screw it and bought charter permits.
    Have sold them since.
    The way the charter permit system is set up you have to fish 4 to 6 guys a day, all season, to make it pay, which doesn't leave a lot of room for fly guides.
    Western Washington WDFW does not seem to understand non-harvest oriented guiding, or fishing for that matter.

Don Freeman likes this.
  2. Jonathan Tachell

Jonathan Tachell Active Member

Media:
    I can file frivolous lawsuits too. Anyone can. And this is the problem with society now a days.

3. Tacoma Red

Tacoma Red Active Member

"... or fishing for that matter.[/quote]"

I'd agree.

KevinLS likes this.
  4. SeaRun Fanatic

SeaRun Fanatic Member

Oh.... and pissing matches. Don't forget pissing matches.

5. jeff bandy

jeff bandy Make my day

Media:
    Is it "frivolous" to hurt someone's livelihood without KNOWING all the facts? I noticed you have a http: with the word press in it. Do you think the press would check the facts first? Do you care?

Dan Nelson likes this.
  6. Dan Nelson

Dan Nelson Hiker, Fisher, Writer, Bum

Media:
    Home Page:
    Frivolous? Perhaps. But that's a buzz word that the courts typically disregard.

But consider this. If I was a disreputable reporter (or more disreputable than I am!) I could write a newspaper story quoting this thread a source to disparage ANY business that does fly-in fishing trips in Puget Sound. Of course, I'd be on the hook for libel myself, by I could minimize my exposure by pointing to you and this forum as the source of information. "I" wouldn't be the one creating defamation. Just spreading you. You (and potentially the forum owners) would be liable since even the thread title is libelous. (you state as fact that this an illegal activity despite later admitting you never even contacted the affected parties). This IS serious business — nothing frivilous about it.

7. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    This thread screams of poor form. As the lowest level moderator on the site, I'm locking it for now. I will ask for the input of the Administrator as to what action to take next, if any. What I can tell you, despite who's right or wrong on this thread, this thread has been handled in a very unprofessional manner, very poor form.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.