I'm Hooked:)

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by markp, Oct 27, 2002.

1. markp Guest

Ratings: +0 / 0
    Just back from my first trip fly fishing on the lower deschutes! Man I am in the proccess of dumping everything and going to be a dedicated fly fisher! We had very poor luck but just the art of it sold me.

If anyone has any free time in the Seattle area that might tutor me along I would appreciate it. My schedule is such that I have many days off in a row. Although November is going to be hectic. I could use some pointers on the basic equipment needs techniques etc... I want to be prepared by next spring to hit the streams.

If there are some good fly schools in the Seattle area I would love the recommendation.

This is the perfect forum for my new found love. Can't believe I waited 42 years to try it!
  2. Dave Westburg Member

Kirkland, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +21 / 0
    Welcome to the club markp! A good starting point to learn about steelhead, searun cutthroat and dollies is www.flyfishsteelhead.com. Dennis Dickson puts on schools and his site is full of great info on fly fishing. Kaufmanns and The Avid Angler put on schools as well.
  3. I am also new to this sport and caught my first fish on a fly rod only a couple of weeks ago. I frequent two fly fishing web sites this one and www.flyanglersonline.com i find both of these sites very helpful. fly anglers on line has an excellent beginners section. hope this helps. :THUMBSUP
  4. markp Guest

Ratings: +0 / 0
    Thanks guys. I appreciate the help.