indicators in fly only water?

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by I love babies, Jul 16, 2014.

1. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Media:
    Albums:
    You wouldn't know "soul" if it knocked you over a guard rail.

Here is a setup with "soul".
    [​IMG]

JS and jake-e-boy like this.
  2. golfman44

golfman44 Active Member

Media:
    Sweet centerpin. Might want to touch up that grip tho, it's seen better days.

3. Irafly

Irafly Active Member

Media:

What? I do not turn it into a competition. I mentioned a fact about how sometimes people don't think I'm worthy of their presence until they see that I know how to catch fish. At that point some of the people who were not up to being friendly with me don't now see me as someone just trying to leech information off of them and their attitude towards my friendliness changes. This has happened more often than not. No where did I say that I was catching "more" fish than them, just that I was catching fish. You chose to interpret it incorrectly and get all pissy about it. Why are you so bothered by that? Is it some sort of internet competition with you?

golfman44 likes this.
  4. Irafly

Irafly Active Member

Media:

By the way, I never respond to these threads the way I do until some swinger first vilifies indicator fishing. If I do respond before, it is always actually to inform versus tear down.

5. Irafly

Irafly Active Member

Media:

Are you sure nobody cares how I fish, is that why so many people have basically tried to criminalize indicator fishing? Yeah that's what I thought. Again maybe work on your comprehension Kerry.

6. Irafly

Irafly Active Member

Media:

I always enjoy the posts from people to give it a rest or some such thing. Do you not see the irony in continuing the debate and simultaneously telling me to "Give it a rest?" Sop, it isn't that I don't like the opinions, it is that I don't care about the opinions. I'm not trying in the slightest to convince anyone that they should fish the way I fish. If you continue to think that the way I fish is tacky, selfish, sleazy etc... that is your opinion, not a fact. In everyone of these threads, that is all I'm trying to point out. Do you understand that sop? It is your opinion, and I'm totally cool with that, totally, totally, totally cool! Where I like to poke fun though is when someone tries to post it as a fact just like you did once again, see red area above. Opinion, not fact, do you not understand the difference? I'm not arguing opinions sop, just false statements that are presented as fact.

Consensus by the way is where everyone agrees on the same thing. I do not think for a second that it is a consensus that using indicators on the North Fork is not the place for such things. I do believe though that it is a vocal minority.

As for Kerry and comprehension, that referred to reading comprehension not comprehension of how I fish.

Again, and I will make it very clear, I have no problem with the way you fish, you want it "pure", I'm not in the slightest bit saying that you are wrong, never have to my knowledge. But I will ask you this, what is "pure" in this case? At what point do you draw the line on traditionalism? Are you just a dry line fisherman when you swing or do you also employ sinking lines? An honest question.

7. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I can read just fine and fully understand what most here have to say. I say most because there are some on this board that would be hard pressed to pass a third grade grammar exam. Good reading, somewhat entertaining, and most of the thread is understandable.

Must have struck a nerve with you Ira. You hardly ever result to personal insults which was the goal of my posting in this thread in the first place. There is very little useful information here and certainly nothing useful shared by you which is common on these nymphing vs. everything else threads. Your posts in these types of threads are mostly confrontational and personal boasting.

I see a river dropping fast and think it is time to go fishing. Done here.

JS, sopflyfisher and jake-e-boy like this.
  8. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

Did I miss the memo ? Is it beat up on Ira day ?

9. bennysbuddy

hey,I was a gill netter once !

golfman44 likes this.
  10. jake-e-boy

jake-e-boy No mas

It is always "beat up on anyone who thinks fishing the NF stilly with a bobber is not equivalent to pissig on the graves of the people that fought for making it fly only" day

JS, Salmo_g and sopflyfisher like this.
  11. bennysbuddy

ouch,busted by the internet ! It's game on time for the triploid junkie. I'm putting my money on the redhead !

triploidjunkie and enlightened like this.
  12. bennysbuddy

Wow this is a tough crowd ! Next time I wade the north fork I'll say my Hail Marys as I'll be standing in the holy water.

13. PT

PT Physhicist

Ira, you're always the top poster on these threads. Still trying to justify your method? Why do you care? Cheap entertainment?

People post about how these threads are just a bunch of BS, but continue posting away. These threads would be answered in a page if people didn't get all butthurt because someone else posts negative comments about the method that's being used. I'm about to spend the next 3 months primarily fishing my downriggers in the salt and I couldn't care less that some people don't consider it flyfishing... even though one of my favorite lures is a Grandslam Bucktail. Trailing that "fly" off my downrigger clip would probably be considered flyfishing by some of you, not so others. I could run 20' of level flyline off my knucklebuster attached to 100' of leader and call it flyfishing... but I don't. It's not much different than dredging the bottom with some shot and training wheels to let me know when I have a bite. ;)

14. FinLuver

FinLuver Active Member

"It is always "beat up on anyone who thinks fishing the NF stilly with a bobber is not equivalent to pissing on the graves of the people that fought for making it fly only" day "

Ya mean the people who created their own private fishing grounds, so they could shove a finger or stick into the gill plates of magnificent fish... to take a bragging rights photo??

Those creators of their own legends??

That should take some heat off of ya Ira. :D

doublespey likes this.
  15. bennysbuddy

I'm not sure I can respect you unless you are fishing a polar bear coho fly, but kudos for using a knuckle buster reel.

16. stilly stalker

stilly stalker Tuna sniffer

a LOT of those locals went catch and release DECADES ago.

Have you talked to these people? Actually learned about what it took to get that river designated?

Seriously. Gimme a fucking break. Antiquated ideas of catch and kill abound no matter what water. I can tell you that a lot of the people that fought for that river kept VERY few of the fish they caught.

JS, golfman44 and jake-e-boy like this.
  17. PT

PT Physhicist

Polar Bear should only be cast on bamboo and gut.

plaegreid and KerryS like this.
  18. stilly stalker

you shouldnt even be fishing polar bear anymore, unless you kill it yourself

plaegreid, golfman44 and jake-e-boy like this.
  19. stilly stalker

baby panda tastes better though......

plaegreid and jake-e-boy like this.
  20. stilly stalker

fresh from the pouch koala bear is the best I think. You can chew them like gum, and theyve got all that breath freshening menthol from eucalyptus built right in. Just the pallate cleanser you need