NFR Inspiring Men To Lose Weight For The Fishing Season

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by dryflylarry, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Disregard. The Link did not work. Sorry.

2. not a bad idea though, we would all be safer in the streams and rivers, and the weather, if we was in even just a little better shape. I been thinking about that lately too.

3. And I might even be able to fit into my waders.

4. Thanks for reminding me that I'm fat. Asshole :D

5. I was just about to take another bite of ice cream when I saw this thread, ouch. J/K, I finished it earlier. :)

6. Well, I was trying to post the commercial that Charles Barkley dressed in drag trying to get you fat boys to sign up for Weight Watchers. Quite funny to me. I'll try this again:

7. I've been working out at the YMCA. I've lost about 35 to 40 pounds so far. I excersize for about 30 minutes a day and then swim about 30 more minutes more. I also watch what I eat. Low fat Ice Cream. Water instead of pop. Lots of stuff with out sugar. No beer, just the hard stuff.

My clothes don't fit to good anymore they just hang on me. I can almost walk out of my pants. I'm sleeping better and also feel a lot better. But alas I don't look any better. Two out of three is alright.

8. Congrats OMJ. Being healthy requires effort as we get older, but its worth it.

Live long and fish forever!

9. Good for you Jim. My hero.
    Funny ad. Charles seems like one of these guys that got better with age, like Carter.

10. All right Jim! That's good news. I'm also glad to hear that you are working out, feel better and sleep better.
    Myself, I need to hit the weight machine and free weights more often, and eat more, so I don't look so much like a scare crow.

11. All kidding aside after watching Sir Charles back in January and talking about it with my wife we did indeed join W/W the first of Feb. My weigh in weight was 294lbs. and yes I was a fat ass at the time. As of yesterdays weigh in I am down to 259lbs. and still losing. Now I am just a no ass. Went down two shirt sizes, two pants sizes and the best part is I can now fit into a new pair of waders I bought 1 1/2 years ago and that is exciting. The wife looks pretty darn good as well. I have to say that I am impressed with the program and is very easy for both of us. :)

Lex Story likes this.
  12. The WFF weight loss support group!! Way to go guys. I had two older men in the shop last week that were trying on boots and waders. Neither one could get their boots tied. Both had a little too much belly and way too little flexibility.
    I started riding my bicycle to work the next day I am determined not to let that happen to me.
    jesse