Interesting catch

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Gary Knowels, Jun 17, 2013.

1. The Duke and I fished the Snoqualmie drainage yesterday, getting about 20 fish on dries, nymphs, and soft hackles, I even lost one on a swung wooley bigger. The most interesting catch of the day by far was this incredibly colored westslope. uploadfromtaptalk1371518469722.jpg

And a few more pics from the day.
    uploadfromtaptalk1371518520490.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1371518557065.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1371518629284.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1371518672315.jpg

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G

2. It looks like you had a fun time. I used to fish the S/F, caught a few but most of the time I had my ass handed to me.

3. Wow, that cutty looks old. Look at the size of it's head.

4. I imagine them trout are slow growing in the cold, relatively infertile waters of the upper Sno.

Patrick Gould likes this.
  5. Excellent pics! Here's one I caught up that way last Summer. The bedrock in that part of the stream was totally black, so was this cutty too. I used an enhanced setting on my camera, it appeared much darker than it does here.

IMG_7804.JPG

Gary Knowels likes this.
  6. Hey Gary, I think you guys were fishing "my stretch" up there... What gives??? ;)

Pretty west slope you got there! Were you guys hitting em on dries? Flows are still a bit more than I like up there, so I haven't ventured up yet.