Intermediate/Beginners Anti-Cabin Fever Marathon Fly Swap

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by Ron Eagle Elk, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +110 / 0
    Welcome SkiBum

SkiBum,

Your in, Buddy. Glad to have you in another swap. Unless I miscounted, that puts us at 11, with only 4 slots open.

REE
  2. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Just a bump up

Just bumping it up till we fill.

REE
  3. lcconrad New Member

Ratings: +0 / 0
    Count me in, sounds like fun.
    :hmmm:
  4. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Marathon Swap

Howdy Icconrad, Welcome to the madness. You make number 12, three slots remaining.

REE
  5. Dylan D Member

West Seattle
    Trying to bump this up a bit. . . .

For anyone on the fence about this swap, I can tell you that REE is a supreme swapmeister. You won't hear any fly swap horror-stories from his swaps.
    :D
  6. Warren Perry Grizzly 6

Bow, New Hampshire, USA.
    Order of the tie

Ron,

Can you give us a hint on what category we are going to tie first? By now you should have plenty of votes.

Warren
  7. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Quick Update

Howdy Folks,

We are at 12 tiers, plus myself and I seriously doubt we'll get anymore. I still have to keep the swap open til the 15th of September though, as it was first posted.

The overwhelming majority voted to take the flies in the order I listed them in the first post.So, the flies and due dates are as follows:

Dry Flies - October 31st
    Wet Flies - November 30th
    Streamers - January 31st, 2005 (We take a break for December, maybe you could think of a Christmas theme fly? Give it some thought)
    Terrestrials - February, 28th
    Nymphs - March 31st
    Emergers/Cripples - April 30th.

Tiers signed up are Dylon DePaulo, Theron DePaulo, Jim Williamson, Vickie Eagle Elk, Warren Perry, Greg (Just Learning), Matt Grunwald, Madison Angler, Randy Diefert, Leaky Tiki, Ski Bum and last but not least Icconrad.

You all will be getting an e-mail or PM with the same info in the next day or two.

We have two months to get a dry fly picked out and start gathering materials for the rest of the swap.

Any questions, please drop me an e-mail or post here, I check the site a couple times a day and the same with the e-mail.

REE
  8. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    This Swap is Still Open

For all those who have been alookin', but not signing up, we still have 3 open slots for this shin-dig. The swap will remain open until September 15th, then close with whatever number of tiers we have.

Thanks for taking an interest in the swap, be sure to keep your eyes open for the fly photos to be posted in the gallery to see what you missed out on by not signing up.

Ron Eagle Elk
  9. Warren Perry Grizzly 6

Bow, New Hampshire, USA.
    Flies are in the Mail

Ron,

Today I put my dry flies in the mail to you. I know they are early, but my schedule is becoming unpredictable and I wanted to get them done before I am too busy to tie. I will email the recipe after you get them.

Please leat me know when you get them

Warren
  10. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Warren,

I'll let you know as soon as they arrive. Hope your trip back east was satisfactory. It's been a while since I was at the puzzle palace.

REE
  11. lcconrad New Member

My drys are don dand will be mailed on Monday. :thumb:
  12. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Way cool. Warren's arrived today. I guess not everyone waits until the last minute. Just so you know, mine are also done, but we do have a while before the dries are due.

REE
  13. gmbjr New Member

Spanaway , WA
    swap

count me in if there is still some open slots, got nothing but time now since im laid off till the hall get moving, which looks like 2-3 months ;(

gary brandt jr
  14. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Gary,

Sorry Budy, but the swap is full. I can put you on the short list in case someone has to drop out if you want.

REE
  15. LeakyTiki Member

Tulalip, Wa, USA
    Flies are in the Mail!!!!

Hi Ron,

Sent my flies off at the Post Office this morning Monday 10-25 and I also sent you an E-Mail

Come on everybody that signed up for the Marathon, lets get those bugs in. :ray1:

I can't wait to get mine. Its like waiting for Christmas

Peace,
    LT :beer2:
  16. Greg Gilliland Member

Benton City, Wa, USA.
    fl's are in the mail

I dropped my flies inthe mail today. But being that Iam still excited about my wife being pregnant I forgot to tag my flies. Iam sorry . What can I do to fix it. I will not do this again. Sorry again

Greg :beathead:
  17. C Van coming soon to a stream near you

Everson, WA, USA.
    the lovely lady at the post office assured me my flies would be to you by Sat at the latest. let me know. I also forgot $ for return postage could I just send $5 to cover me for the whole swap?
  18. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    C-Van,

Actually, your flies arrived this afternoon. Safe and sound.

Sure, if you want to send a fiver with the next set of flies, that would be okay by me.

So far we have flies from Jim Williamson, Warren Perry, Matt Grunwald, Greg Gilliland, Randy Diefert, C-Van, Leaky Tiki, Lefty Loops, ICConrad, VEE, Jesse Clark and Bob Ellis.

Those still out are Dylon and Theron Depaulo, Dan Soltau and Andrew Krzysiek. Dylon, theron and Andrew have e-mailed that the flies will be here, one evening Fed-Exing them. Have no news from Dan Soltau.

Things are looking pretty good.

REE
  19. lcconrad New Member

I put my November flies in the mail today, you should have them the coming week.
  20. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Flies arrived yesterday from Dan Soltau, Dylon and Theron DePaulo. Andrews flies are enroute. I will be sending out the dries as soon as Andrews arrive. Very nice selectiion this month, and all well tied.

ICConrad, your flies for November arrived on Saturday also. Very nice and really on time.

REE