Intermediate/Beginners Anti-Cabin Fever Marathon Fly Swap

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by Ron Eagle Elk, Aug 24, 2004.

1. andrew Active Member

Bellingham, WA.
    Ratings: +15 / 0
    15 Spent Needle Flies

They hit the post office, and most likely will be in your hands today (Monday). Sorry guys to be tardy...I've already started on the next round in order to be on time!

Andrew
  2. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +108 / 0
    Andrew, Your flies did arrive today.

Great news one and all, the flies are sorted, packaged, all the packages are addressed and taped and will be in the mail in the AM. I'm heading for the polls early, so I'll drop them off as soon as I exercise my voting privilage.

The fllies are looking very good. A couple of points though. Make sure of your count on the flies. A couple of you were short on the count. My wife decided to take the short so everyone else would get a full set. The number of flies is 16. That way you get a complete set, including one of your own. It also makes the sorting go faster and easier for me.

For those that included a few extra flies for the old swap meister, you have my thanks.

I do owe Randy Diefert an apology. He went to all the trouble of printing out step by step tying instructions for his fly, and I left them sitting on the coffee table. I noticed that I had forgotten to enclose them when I taped up the last package. Again, my apologies Randy. I will include them in the next go-round so everyone gets them, or I may just e-mail a copy to everyone.

Next round is wet flies, due date is November 30th, 2004. Oh yeah, ICConrad already has his in.

REE
  3. jessejames Flyslinger

Show Low, Arizona
    Ratings: +338 / 3
    REE:
    Thanks in advance for the great job!! I can't wait to see the flies it will be like an early Christmas when they arrive and see what everybody else tied. I have started on my November entry a fly that I had the most success with all summer and fall in the E. Wash Lakes, a "Halloween bugger".
    jesse clark
  4. andrew Active Member

Bellingham, WA.
    Ratings: +15 / 0
    Man am I a failure!

Ron,

I'll include in the next go around a my missing number 16! Sorry!!! :beathead:

'Bone head' - aka Andrew
  5. Surf_Candy Member

Bainbridge Island, WA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    find it stuck to your pants?

Surf
  6. Randy Diefert aka: Longears

Coupeville, WA, USA.
    swap

Not a problem Ron, get it out when you can. I'm just greatful to be in this fun swap Thanks for hosting it.
    Randy
  7. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Just got an e-mail from Leaky Tiki that he hasn't received his flies yet. It's been four days, is there anyone else that hasn't received their flies. I mailed them from the UPS store instead of the post office on the 2d, if things got messed up I need to know.

Thanks guys.

REE
  8. C Van coming soon to a stream near you

Everson, WA, USA.
    I got mine
  9. Randy Diefert aka: Longears

Coupeville, WA, USA.
    I got mine. Great job guys!

Opp's and Vickie. (that won't happen again. I hit the send key too fast. sorry
  10. LeakyTiki Member

Tulalip, Wa, USA
    Good News

Hey swappers,

I have great news, my flies arrived today!! They were misdelivered and whoever received them finally dropped the envelope on my porch today.

Thanks Ron and everyone for doing such a great job. I will try to get pictures up this week.

Tight Lines,
    LT :beer2:
  11. Randy Diefert aka: Longears

Coupeville, WA, USA.
    Ron , got my flies out in the mail to you today. I included alittle goodie in there for your efforts.
    Let me know if you or any of the others want a recipe for that pattern. It's complicated and time consuming but, well worth the effort.
    Was glad to hear that LT got his flies ( a good batch they were...)
    Randy
  12. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Randy,

Recipes for flies are always a welcome addition. I promise to get these out.

REE
  13. jessejames Flyslinger

Show Low, Arizona
    Hey Marathon Swappers:
    REE says that he has received only one-half of the participants flies for the November part of the swap. Octobers flies were great and I am looking forward to getting my hands on the November edition. Come on swappers get those flies mailed.
    jesse the official cheerleader clark :thumb:
  14. LeakyTiki Member

Tulalip, Wa, USA
    I am with ya here jessejames, lets keep this thing at 100 percent.

Doug has been calling me everyday and asking me "Are ya done? Have you sent those flies off ?" :confused:

So if anybody hasn't mailed theirs yet........... Lets get'er done :ray1:

LT :beer2:

BTW- I mailed mine yesterday
  15. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    LT, your flies are here. Just about had to tear the inner envelope to get the box out, but they look great. Very nice wet fly.

REE
  16. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    For the wet fly phase of the swap we have flies in from Vickie, Warren Perry, Matt Grunwald,
    Randy Diefert, Leaky Tiki, ICConrad, Jesse James, Doug Patterson and Bob Ellis.

Theron Depaulo, Jim Williamson and Dan Soltau have let me know that the flies are in the mail and will arrive today (Hey! It's 6:13 AM) or tommorow.

No word of progress from Dylon Depaulo, Greg Gilliland, Andrew or Cvan.

Just a reminder for everyone (and I hope it is everyone) tying for the Christmas Contest. It's a one fly deal. Send in your one fly to be judged, hopefully photographed, and then returned to you.

Your swap flies will be mailed out not later than the third of December. If some swap members don't meet their committment I plan on distributing the extra flies among those that have their flies in.

January's flies are streamers and need to be in by Jan 31st. VEE already has hers done and they look really good. You'll be pleasantly surprised by these.

Tight Lines and Best Fishes

REE
  17. Dylan D Member

West Seattle
    REE -
    You should have received mine in the mail today -- please let me know if they didn't arrive. Thanks!

Dylan
  18. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Dylan,

Yours were in the afternoon mail. Very nice flies. Very good looking hackle. I mistook yours for your brothers and let him know they had arrived. He was kind enough not to take credit for yours, but his are enroute.

Sorry to hear your workin so hard, or at least are so busy. Must not leave much time for fishing.

REE
  19. jessejames Flyslinger

Show Low, Arizona
    I got my Christmas Contest Fly done I am going to mail it the first of the week. I need to take it to the Eastside fly tying gathering on Friday and show it off first. All you Marathon swappers better get your creative juices working overtime because my entry is a real butt-kicker. :eek: I call it "Grande Ronde Rudy" it would be a killer summer run steelhead fly on the Grande Ronde River. :thumb: Go swappers get creative, any thing goes now...
    jesse clark
  20. Greg Gilliland Member

Benton City, Wa, USA.
    To make the decision easier. I am withdrawing from the swap. Ron is a great swapmeister and hell of a nice guy for doing this. I failed to do my part ( not getting my flies done). So no hard feelings from me and please forgive me. I would like to do another swap someday. the first batch of lfies were great, keep up the good work. Sorry again and thanks for letting me participate. I have no one to blame but myself.

Greg