Intermediate/Beginners Anti-Cabin Fever Marathon Fly Swap

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by Ron Eagle Elk, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Warren Perry Grizzly 6

Bow, New Hampshire, USA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Ron,

I finished my streamers this afternoon and they will be in the mail tomorrow

Warren
  2. lcconrad New Member

My streamers will go out today. iagree
  3. jessejames Flyslinger

Show Low, Arizona
    Ratings: +348 / 3
    Iconrad and Warren what a couple of over achievers!! :thumb:
    I got mine about half done after changing my mind about what to tie about 6 times. That really helps filling up the old fly boxes when you get about 6-8 done and then you see another pattern you want to try. :rofl: I decided to tie an old fav with a little twist. It is a Doc Spratley with a soft hackle beard instad of the traditional pheasant tail beard. I sure like that soft hackle look on a lot of flies.
    Happy Tying,
    jesse
  4. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +110 / 0
    Talk about your over achievers! ICConrad told me his streamers were ready before X-Mas, but he wanted to wait until after the mail rush to send them in.

Lets see, thats Warren, ICConrad, Vickie and me that have the flies done. How's everyone else doing? If you tie one fly a day, you can be done before the 15th.

I'll be puting out an e-mail shortly.

As usual, I'm looking forward to the flies.

REE
  5. lefty tailing loops me and beattle

mountlake terrace, washington, usa.
    Ron, mine are done too will mail them soon.Probably not till mon. or tues.
    happy new year to everyone,Dugger :beer2: :beer2:
  6. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Sorry Guys, I have been remiss. Warren and ICConrad's streamers arrived safe and sound, looking really good. I wisih I had a good excuse for not notifying everyone sooner, but I was terribly busy thrashing the Little D with a fly line.

REE
  7. jessejames Flyslinger

Show Low, Arizona
    Ratings: +348 / 3
    Ron:
    My streamers went out today in the mail. Ron there are a couple of goodies in the bag for all your hard work. This time the P.O. put metered postage on the return envelope instead of stamps I hope that works on your end.
    Thanks for your work on this swap
    jesse clark
  8. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Jesse,

The metered stuff should works fine as long as it hasn't been postmarked. I'm really looking forward to the streamer selection this month. I'm not much of a nymph fisherman, I admit, but swinging or retrieving a streamer is about as close as I come. Fishing a streamer can bring some hard hits from some big fish.

Heading for the Little D in the afternoon for a little BWO action, hopefully. The wife and I are jonsing pretty bad. Haven't been fishing for four days now.

REE
  9. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Streamers, I have streamers. Flies are in from Warren Perry, ICConrad, Jesse James, Dylon Depaulo, VEE (she officially handed them to me last night to put with the rest) and the bonus flies by yours truely are in.

Since VEE got me that new camera for Give-Away-Day I'll try shooting the pictures and posting them. Love that Nikon.

Anyhow, we got less than 1/2 a month to go on the streamers. You procrastinators should probably go get your materials soon.

REE
  10. Bob Ellis New Member

Vancouver, WA
    Procrastinators? That's actually finely tuned planning. Ain't you heard of "just in time delivery"? ;)

Mine are tied, tagged, and in the envelope waiting for postage to be applied.

Bob
  11. Warren Perry Grizzly 6

Bow, New Hampshire, USA.
    I always refer to it as "almost too late delivery" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Warren
  12. andrew Active Member

Bellingham, WA.
    Ratings: +15 / 0
    ...if there was no such thing as procrastination us Architects would be out of business! :thumb: aaaaah kidding of course!

Flies are in the hands of the United States Postal Service...hopefull Ron has them either tomorrow or Friday.

Andrew
  13. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Youse guys hit the jackpot this month. Our buddy Randy Diefert has been busy at the vise. Not one, not two, but three streamers from Randy, and mighty fine ties they are, arrived at my mail box this afternoon.
  14. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    The noon post brought flies in from Bob Ellis and Andrew. A double, now that's a treat.

So far we have flies in from Andrew, Dylon DePaulo, VEE, Warren Perry, Randy Diefert, ICConrad, Jesse James and Bob Ellis.

Last I heard Theron DePaulo, Matt Grunewald and Doug had mailed their flies, Jim Williamson was working on his, Dan Soltau was looking for more hooks to finish his up. No word from Leaky Tiki. LT, you out there, Buddy?

I've already photographed the ones that are in. The pics look pretty good.

Four days to go.

REE
  15. andrew Active Member

Bellingham, WA.
    Thanks for the confirmation Ron! I was worried that I didn't have enough postage on my package it seemed heavier than normal...I guess it was all that epoxy!

If you ever don't have time to take pics let me know! I bought a digital SLR for my next 10 years-supply-of-birthdays...It was an easy sell to the wife with our first due in 4 months :p

Thanks!

Andrew
  16. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Andrew,

A digital SLR, cool. Which one? I bet it was an easy sell. Gotta have those first drool, first puke, first step pics ya know.

By the way, those are some pretty cool streamers. I'm sure everyone will love them.

REE
  17. andrew Active Member

Bellingham, WA.
    I bought the Canon EOS-10D, I replaced my 15 year old 35 mm EOS...cool thing is my lenses (310-70, 70-35, and 40-28) all fit the new body! I love when companies don't change their mounting platforms! I have a porter cable router that my grandfather bought in the 60's, the motor is history, however, the base fits the new router motors!

Can't wait to see these streamers...I might be heading to Omak in a month which I heard is a "streamer gig".

Thanks Ron!...and yes it was an easy sale, but when she saw the final price I was running for 'cover'!

Andrew
  18. LeakyTiki Member

Tulalip, Wa, USA
    Hi Ron,
    Just dropped mine off at my local Post office. You should get 'em tomorrow or Monday at the latest.
    I'll give Douger a call tonight as I think he said he mailed his in long ago. I'll make sure he didnt forget.:confused:
    Tight lines,
    LT :cool:
  19. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Thanks LT. I knew we could count on you. Todays mail brought in flies from Matt Grunewald and Dan Soltau. Some very cool looking flies if I do say so.

I was planning on hitting the Little D this weekend, but did something to my lower back whilst splitting fire wood. Guess I'm relegated to the Ben-Gay and heating pad for a day or two.

Later,

REE
  20. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Sorry Guys, I made a major mistake. Doug's flies are here and have been for a while. I just missed them in my milk crate that serves as a collection point for flies. Apologies Doug.

REE