Intermediate/Beginners Anti-Cabin Fever Marathon Fly Swap

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by Ron Eagle Elk, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +110 / 0
    Hi Again,

Theron's flies arrived safe and sound. Very nicely done, I might add.

If the back will allow me to stand up today, I'll get the rest of the photo's done, but I won't post them untill the flies are in the mail back to you. Sorry, no sneak previews.

REE
  2. jessejames Flyslinger

Show Low, Arizona
    Ratings: +343 / 3
    Ron:
    Sorry about your bad back. When your back hurts you can't even sit and tie flies without it hurting. Hope your better soon. Sounds like everybody made it with their flies before the deadline way to go swappers. Can't wait to see what is in the goodie bag this month. Thanks for being the swapmeister Ron.
    Say, you said you had a lot of the model railroad ballast left over from your Cased Caddis project, Could you put a little in my return package I would really like to try out that pattern. I am doing a "life cycle" caddis collection for the Spokane Flyfishers club raffle in March. Your cased Caddis would be a great addition to that set. :thumb:
    Thanks jesse clark
  3. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Jesse, No problelm on the ballast. I'll include a little of each color so you can do your own mixing. That's the fly your all getting when we get to the nymph part of the swap. When I tie them, I tie a bunch.

REE
  4. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Attention Swappers,

The streamers are in the mail as I type this. Everyone's flies were in on time, looked really good and should hit your doorsteps in a day or thirty.

Just a reminder that terrestrials are the fly of choice for this month and it's a short month. If you have arachnaphobia, be prepared, your getting one of VEE's spiders for the February fly.

Oh Yeah, I'm posting the pics now.

Later,

REE
  5. Warren Perry Grizzly 6

Bow, New Hampshire, USA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Ron,

Great Pics! :thumb:

everyone else... GREAT FLIES! :beer2:

I can't wait to seen them all in real life

Warren
  6. Dylan D Member

West Seattle
    Very nice flies from everyone involved. . . . . can't wait to fish them! :eek:
  7. Surf_Candy Member

Bainbridge Island, WA.
    Ditto - always fun to pop it open and see the superb skills and wonderful patterns.
  8. LeakyTiki Member

Tulalip, Wa, USA
    Ron,

Nice job on the Photos and great job as always meistering the swap. Hope your back is feeling better :thumb:

Everyone else, thanks for all the great bugs!

LT :cool:
  9. andrew Active Member

Bellingham, WA.
    Ratings: +15 / 0
    Got mine in the mail yesterday! Nice ties everyone...just relinquish your 'secret' holes where I need to get them wet! :thumb:

Andrew
  10. Bob Ellis New Member

Vancouver, WA
    Mine arrived today, maybe the best group yet :) I thought about doing a Mickey Finn, too. Some time we could all tie the same pattern and see how our interpretations compare -- no, Ron, not another marathon just yet ;)

Bob
  11. jessejames Flyslinger

Show Low, Arizona
    These are great flies what a diverse group of streamers. I am with Bob these may be my fav's so far. Now on to the terrestrials. That will be fun I am already working on my hopper variation. Jiminy Cricket, well maybe not. :rofl:
    jesse clark
  12. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Our buddy Theron sent me an e-mail a couple of days ago that he received an empty envelope from the streamer swap. I have enough extras of all flies, except Dan's woolly sculpin, to make an extra set to replace what was lost in the mail.

Did anyone else have a problem getting their flies?

REE
  13. jessejames Flyslinger

Show Low, Arizona
    I got mine ok. Do you need anything else to fill in for Therons loss?
    Sorry about that Theron these are nice flies.
    jesse clark
  14. Randy Diefert aka: Longears

Coupeville, WA, USA.
    My arrived in good shape and look great. I'd be willing to share some of my flies with Theron if needed. let me know if you need something. Hope the back has gotten better.
  15. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    For some reason, my post yesterday didn't make it. I have everything except Dan Soltau's wooly sculpin ready to go. I'll be dropping it in the mail this morning.

The back is much better. I'm not in shape to handle the oars on a drift boat yet, but at least I can fish.

E-mail will be out shortly.

REE
  16. Theron_D Wishin to be fishin

Colville, WA
    Hey Gang, you're the best. I was really bummed about losing the flies in the mail. Thanks for all your hard work, and to REE for being such a great swapmaster.
    Theron
  17. lcconrad New Member

I mailed my terrestrials in the mail yesterday. This has been a fun swap with lots of interesting patterns many of which have made it into my regular use pattern boxes.
  18. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    I like this. I send out an e-mail this morning and ICConrads flies arrived this afternoon. Very coll pattern. Looks like fish food for sure.

REE
  19. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Grizzly 6's flies arrived today, along with a bonus fly for each of you, you lucky swappersd you. Great looking flies Grizz!

REE
  20. Randy Diefert aka: Longears

Coupeville, WA, USA.
    Ron, my flies went out today in the "early" mail. Randy