Intermediate/Beginners Anti-Cabin Fever Marathon Fly Swap

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by Ron Eagle Elk, Aug 24, 2004.

1. andrew Active Member

Bellingham, WA.
    Ratings: +15 / 0
    Ron,

My flies are hitting the mail tomorrow.
  2. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +110 / 0
    Thanks for the Update , Andrew. The flies are slowin arriving this onth for some reason, must be the nice weather we were having. Now that the rain has returned, we'll be spending more time at the bench.

REE
  3. andrew Active Member

Bellingham, WA.
    Ron,

I wish fishing was the reason for my flies being sent near the deadline. I'm not an accountant so taxes are not my excuse...it is that building season is drawing near and everyone wants their plans yesterday!

I tie these flies and get awesome patterns in return yet have not gotten a chance to wet a line...I'm a little worried with my prospects for fishing the next 6 months. New house that needs to be remodeled and a kid due sometime in June...odds are against me.
  4. andrew Active Member

Bellingham, WA.
    Flies hit the PO at 7:30...should be in your hands by the end of today or Wednesday.

Andrew
  5. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    JACKPOT!! Todays mail had my mail box stuffed with flies. Those arrivals were from Jesse, Theron and Andrew. Theron has joined the ranks of those going above and beyond providing more than one pattern.

The assortment of nymphs is great. So far we have caddis, dragons and damsels. We should be ready for any situatiion that arises.

REE
  6. andrew Active Member

Bellingham, WA.
    Who's left Ron?

I'd love to see pictures...if possible! But can wait!

Thanks again for the great job of swapmeister :thumb:
  7. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Flies from LT, Dan and Dylan are all in the mail. Haven't heard from Matt yet.

No pics until all the flies are in. Neener, neener, neener.

REE
  8. Dylan D Member

West Seattle
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    REE, let me know if mine don't show up today. If not, heads will roll!!! :p
  9. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Another JACKPOT!! Flies arrived from Dylan and LT. Looking good, Fellas.

Wen't and got my new license today, along witih Vickie's. Didn't want to be up on the OP and get a ticket. Hers was $47 and mine was $9 and some change. My license went up by almost $4 since last year.

You guy's have a great weekend, I'll see you when I get back from the OP.

REE
  10. andrew Active Member

Bellingham, WA.
    Ron,

Curious how do you get yours for 9 bucks! That's awesome...
  11. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Andrew,

I'm a 100% disabled Veteran. I also get free car tabs for life on one car because of that. That also explains why I have so much time on my hands to host fly swaps and such.

REE
  12. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Well, Boys and Girl, There's good news and bad news. Bad news first.

Swap bad news. Dan Soltau's flies did not arrive. Dan, If they're not here by Friday I'll let you know by PM. By the way, Dan mailed them in time. Probably a PO SNAFU.

Swap Good News: Everyone else's flies went out in the mail this afternoon, pics are posted in the gallery. Dan's flies, when the Post Office decides to find them, will be placed in the April and final swap boxes. Dan's share of the swap flies for this month are waiting patiently until his flies arrive. If they don't make it, Dan, I'll just pony up a new box to send them in.

Fishing Bad News, Got rained out on the OP. I won't say we got skunked, let's just say we didn't catch anything over 20 inches....or under 21 inches.

Fishing Good News, We are leaving in the AM for the Skagit. Some friends are time sharing a house right on the Skagit. You can almost cast off the porch. I won't be back until Friday.

This is the final month of the Marathon Swap ( I hear a collective sigh of relief). We should all be tying emergers or cripples for the last leg of the swap. It's been a long haul, spring is almost here, there are fish in the rivers, birds are singing, so what better way to spend our evenings than tying flies for a swap.

Ya'll take care, I'll talk at ya Friday.

REE
  13. Dylan D Member

West Seattle
    Good looking flies by all -- can't wait to get 'em wet. ptyd
  14. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Dylan, I agree completely. The quality of the flies is amazing. Some of them will get wet up on the Skagit this afternoon.

See ya'll Friday.

REE
  15. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Hi Folks,

Back from the Skagit. I didn't catch anything under 40 inches....or over 39. VEE, on the other hand, did bring a nice little hen to hand. Her first steelhead and first fish ever on a spey rod. She now has that gleam in her eye anytime she hears the sord spey. Looks like we're gonna be shopping again real soon.

Dan, your flies for March still haven't arrived.

Cripple/Emergers were waiting for me from our usual overachievers, ICConrad and Warren Perry. Both of these guys graced us with two patterns each. I've had Jim Williamson's flies for two months now. Talk about an overachiever

I can't believe how you guys are raising the bar on this swap. Each month the flies from all of you keep getting better and better. If you haven't looked at the pics of the March selection, your missing some fine flies.

REE
  16. Randy Diefert aka: Longears

Coupeville, WA, USA.
    Recieved my flys in the mail today. All I can say is GREAT job was done by all.
    I can't wait for another of these Marathon swaps! You guys (and gal) just keep getting better and better.
    Great Pics in the Gallery too.
    And Ron, I can't say enough about the great job you've done as Swapmeister and holding this thing together. This has been the best swap. Cheers! :beer2:
  17. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Randy,

Thanks for the kind words, but the swappers make running a swap easy, and you guys and girl have done your part very well. It has been a fun swap, hasn't it. Oops, it's not over yet folks. The obese lady down the street still hasn't hit a high note.

REE
  18. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Just to let everyone know, Jesse's flies arrived yesterday. What a sweet little emerger. Can't wait for some of the finer rivers to open so I can put these to the test.

REE
  19. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Randy Diefert's flies, as in two different patterns, arrived today. You guys and girl are gonna like these. Pretty little flies.

Only 4 more days till this swap is wound up or down. I can hear the slightly obese lady down the street warming up her voice.

Let's get those puppies in guys (the girls flies are in).

REE
  20. Dylan D Member

West Seattle
    REE - mine are in the mail, should get to you tomorrow or Thursday. ptyd