Intermediate/Beginners Anti-Cabin Fever Marathon Fly Swap

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by Ron Eagle Elk, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +110 / 0
    Dylan,

Great news. I'll keep an eye out for them. By the way, really like your avatar>

REE
  2. Theron_D Wishin to be fishin

Colville, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    REE - My flies went out in the mail this A.M.
    Thanks,
    Theron :D
  3. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Yahoooo! I was starting to worry a bit there guys. Thanks Theron, I'll be keeping the peepers open for yours too.

REE
  4. andrew Active Member

Bellingham, WA.
    Ratings: +15 / 0
    Ron,

Mine are done and have been sent to the "mailing department"...you should have them either Friday or Saturday depending on what time they hit the post office today.
  5. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Thanks Andrew, I'll be alookin fer 'em. Also had an e-mail from LT that his flies are enroute. Things are looking good.

REE
  6. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Bob Ellis' flies arrived today. I'm impressed! Very nicely done, Bob.

REE
  7. Griswald a.k.a. Griswald

Vashon Island, Wa.
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    Ron,
    My flies are currently in the U.S. Mail system. (Went out today) Size 18 Baetis Cripples.
    Griswald a.k.a.
    Matthew
  8. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Hey Matt, Great news! This looks like it's going to be a fine end to a great swap.

REE
  9. andrew Active Member

Bellingham, WA.
    Ron,

They went postal. Should be in your hands + 1 day.
  10. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Hi Gang,

Andrew, thanks for the update. I've been known to go postal myself. Oh wait, different meaning.

Dylan's flies arrived in the afternoon mail, safe and sound. Nicely dressed flies, Dylan.

Some of you guys are really stretching yourselves in your tying, and, to quote Martha, "It's a good thing". The patterns are becomming more diverse, the fly quality is well beyond the beginner/intermediate level and your all just doing a bang up job.

So Far we have my usual bonus fly, and flies from Dylan De Paulo, Jim Williamson, VEE, Warren Perry, Randy Diefert, IC Conrad, Jesse Clark, and Bob Ellis.

Flies are "Postal" from Andrew, Theron, Matt, and Leaky Tiki.

I haven't hearrd from Lefty Looops, AKA Doug, or Dan Soltau.

Great work guys.

REE
  11. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    My mail box overfloweth. Flies arrived from LT, Andrew, Theron, Matt and Dan (including some really nice Copper Johns that were misplaced by the USPS last month). All of these flies are fish takers for sure. Well done guys.

Dan I'll put the pics of the Copper Johns up with the other nymphs from last month.

Still no word from Doug. Not like him to be late though.

REE
  12. LeakyTiki Member

Tulalip, Wa, USA
    Ron,
    Doug told me he sent his the day before I did.
    Hpe they arrive tomorrow.
    LT :cool:
  13. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Hey Swappers,

Doug's flies arrived in the afternoon mail. Everyone is in and the count is complete. I'll be taking the pictures this evening and posting them later tonite. The flies will get shipped out to your eager little hands on Monday morning, first thing.

This is the final leg of the Intermediate/Beginners Anti-Cabin Fever Marathon Swap. Hard to believe it's been going since October of last year (well...Spetember, if you count when the announcement went up). You have all done a great job of tying some killer flies, and getting them in on time too. What a great bunch of swappers! You have made being the Swapmeister soooooo easy.

I'm heading for the Little D this afternoon to try out a new caddis pattern I found. The Caddis hatch Thursday was unbelievable. Hope it's as good today. Gotta field test them before I share them with anyone. Also found a great emerger that I'm going to test next month.

I'll let everyone know when the flies go out. Have a great trout season. Keep your eyes open for a new Marathon in the fall.

REE
  14. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Hey Guys and Gal, The pics are up, flies will go out on Monday morning, first thing. Congrats on completing the Marathon swap!

REE
  15. jessejames Flyslinger

Show Low, Arizona
    Ratings: +352 / 3
    This has been a great swap props to you REE thanks
    Blessings
    Jesse clark
  16. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Thanks, Jesse, but it's the swappers who made this run so smooth. The final flies of the Marathon are Postal. My thanks to all the tiers who stuck it out since October and had their flies in on time, kept the communication flowing, and tied such beautiful flies month after month.

I think Randy Diefert deserves some sort of prize though. Not only for his use of the liquid lace in almost every pattern, but for his ability to recycle envelopes. Randy, how many months have we used that same return envelope? I had to put a few patches on it this time, but it still holds flies.

Thanks again, Guys and Gal. It was a fun swap.

REE
  17. andrew Active Member

Bellingham, WA.
    Ron,

Thanks! This swap was by far the most challenging and fun!

To all, thank you for the great flies...best of luck with your fishing explorations :thumb:

Andrew
  18. Dylan D Member

West Seattle
    iagree

A very enjoyable swap. REE for swapmeister of the year!!
  19. Warren Perry Grizzly 6

Bow, New Hampshire, USA.
    Ron,

My flies arrived safe and sound great ties. Thanks again for hosting an enjoyable and rewarding swap.

Thanks also to all of the swappers who stayed the course.

Warren
  20. Theron_D Wishin to be fishin

Colville, WA
    REE,

Got my flies today. Excellent work all.
    A first class swap. Many Thanks.

Theron