"Intruders" for Winter Steel

Discussion in 'Patterns' started by Backyard, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Backyard

Backyard SANCHO!

Everyone that tosses these seems to have their own variations, be it color, size, or different twists on the original pattern. Post some photos of you own versions...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Can you PM me a pattern?

3. Cole15

Cole15 New Member

Can you pm me the patterns for the 1st and 3rd one?

4. Randy Diefert

Randy Diefert aka: Longears

Very nice Backyard, I'd like a copy of the patterns too if you don't mind. Where have you disappeared to? Long time no see...

5. Jergens

Jergens AKA Joe Willauer

"intruder" would be a loose term for these flies, but definitely qualify under the big junk for winter fish category.

Attached Files:

6. MotoXmg

MotoXmg New Member

....how about some recipes and tying instructions? I am wanting to tie some similar to these, but need some help.

7. Leroy Laviolet

Leroy Laviolet Aint no nookie like chinookie

8. MotoXmg

MotoXmg New Member

....how about alist of materials??? :p

9. Eric Tarcha

Eric Tarcha gear whore

Hey fishmhard,

love the little "extra" on the trailers, very nice.

10. Leroy Laviolet

Thanks Eric! Glad ya dig 'em -

Pretty basic here-
    Just tie in maribu on the stinger , tie on the bunny stip over the top of the wrapped area on the stinger, tie the other end of the strip to the waddy, and palmer and or finish the rest ofthe waddy how ever you want- Havn't tryed them yet, but I think they will work-

Attached Files:

11. flybill

flybill Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!

I LIKE! Sweet and simple! What size are you typically tying them in? Which Waddington shank?

12. Leroy Laviolet

I use a #1 octupus gamakatsu stinger, and I lost the packageing on the waddy...About
    1.25" long-

13. Hal Eckert

Hal Eckert Member

Got to be in the mood to tie these, although they are not hard, just time and material intensive, will have to do some this winter, its been a couple of years since I tied these.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Been using more of these, bunny tube leechs.

[​IMG]

14. Leroy Laviolet

15. Imago

Imago New Member

So what's the difference between a Intruder and a Chinese Dragon? I tie them with rabbits fur strip and call them Chinese Dragons.

They catch brown trout in the Kola penninsula streams as well as sea trout in the patagonian rivers.

[​IMG]

16. Runejl

Runejl Josh

Sweet Fly Imago! Whats your recipe?

17. Jergens

Jergens AKA Joe Willauer

Imago, an intruder is the fly that backyard posted, where it is constructed on a shank with a trailing hook, and typically utilizes maragbou, ostrich herl, and other feathers for it's body. the bug you posted and that fishmhard posted would be more of a variation of a string leach than an intruder.

18. Hal Eckert

Hal Eckert Member

Yes more of a string leech, I have that color of rubber legs, think I will put some of these on my winter tying list.

:):thumb:

Thanks for the idea.

19. Leroy Laviolet

Yea, I gotta little mixed up on the lingo!