"iOarfish." You only think you've seen 'strange.'

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by fredaevans, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Fred,
    I think you have to much time on your hands.
    :rolleyes:

2. Fred you spend more time posting about other boards on this forum, that I have to agree a little with Speybum; what's up? :)

3. Fair question. Sorry for the delay in responding, I've been up in the Seattle area for the past several days - off line if you will. But back to your question.

First, references to 'other boards' (UK/Scotland based) are all put in this (Spey) section (fly fishing) as they may be of interest to many, but not all of WFF. Fishing is a worldwide recreation and (the greater) "we" have no corner on the market for good ideas, information, equipment, techniques, etc., that may be effective or of interest.

As an example: Atlantic SalmonFly's. Fellows over there have sent me two patterns (Volcano and Flamethrower) that I saw on one or another board. This winter, these two flies (I use a spey rod year round) have accounted for well over half my fish on the Chetco River. Would you have heard of either without my bringing them to your attention?

Do I want you to 'join' and participate in these boards? No, but it/they may be of interest to you. Or Not.

If there is a preference that I don't share this information (or access there to) happy to keep the info to myself. Sorry if that sounds like a petulant rant, but you don't have to connect to the link.

Fred

4. Fred,
    Don't think he was asking you stop posting that stuff. I like it and always check it out cuz I don't have the time like you do so thanks.

5. I for one sent you a PM on it, and it wasn't about your links to other sites but a request to keep topics in the topical forums, (spey, salt, fly tying, etc) to those topics. In this case the spey forum can do without a thread on iOarfish. The main forum area does support general topics.

Chris

6. Fred, I appreciate you contributions, even if some of kind of out there. The place would be dead with out them.

What do you do the other 1% of the time.

Marty

7. Retirement is grossly under rated.:thumb: As to the other 1% I fish ... assuming the river(s) are in shape.

8. Why not just move the thread?:hmmm: