Irideus fly lines ?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Kaiserman, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Kaiserman content

Ratings: +420 / 0
    Two questions:

1. - Anyone ever used these lines, or who the actual manufacture is?

2. - If I get a clear intermediate steelhead/salmon line, is it going to get "sticking" in warmer weather? (Since most steelhead/salmon fishing is in cooler temps)
  2. Jordan Simpson Active Member

Tsawwassen, BC
    Ratings: +54 / 1
    If you do a search on the speypages about people's experiences with Irideus, I'm sure you can come to your own conclusion about the company.

'Nuff said.
  3. Kaiserman content

Or just go off of your "implided" thoughts... ha ha ;)

Thanks, will do! And I had no idea that spey lines are their focus.
  4. Kaiserman content

Well... That didn't take long. Didn't find anything, although there were comments about the reels.
  5. Jordan Simpson Active Member

Tsawwassen, BC
    Ratings: +54 / 1
    I'm not sure what peoples experiences are with their lines, but from the threads I've read over at the Pages, I've kept a distance from getting involved with the company due to their customer service and how they act on public forums.
    Just not good form from their owner, from what I've seen and read.

Maybe their lines are legit- I don't know, but yeah, just the company as a whole isn't my cup of tea.
  6. rockthief Fly fishing = food for my soul

Brownsville Oregon
    Ratings: +29 / 0
    I inquired about one of their products via email last year. Their reply was snotty and arrogant.
    Paul
  7. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,656 / 0
    Never heard of them. Are they new.
  8. Josh dead in the water

NW Washington
    Ratings: +497 / 2
    I've come to pretty much the same conclusion as Jordan. The company represents itself terribly. Makes me want to have nothing to do with them.

The few legit comments I've seen about their products haven't made them sound like anything special either.
  9. Kaiserman content

Wow, thanks for the info guys. Bad customer service is usually a good indicator....