Is anyone familiar with this brand of inflatable pontoons and rafts?

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by chromefinder, Jun 26, 2013.

1. chromefinder New Member

Ratings: +0 / 0
    Is anyone familiar with this brand of inflatable pontoons and rafts?

Qingdao Hailun Yacht Co. Ltd
    http://www.hailunyacht.com/e_productlist.asp?sortid=24

they seem to have quite the line up of fishing pontoons and rafts
    many pictured on link below.
    http://hailunyacht.en.alibaba.com/productgrouplist-209848439/Fishing_Boat.html

Wondering if anyone has specific experience with this frame-less version pictured below?
    Fishing boat HLS366 http://www.hailunyacht.com/e_ProductView.Asp?ID=183
    [IMG]

It seems to be available for import here for approx $200 US
    http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/574406029/White_river_boat_300_.html

I am wondering how this brand might compare to some of the stuff that is being marketed by domestic brands.
  2. Evan Virnoche Guest

that is literally the same thing as my scadden assult minus the seat and bags
  3. Evan Virnoche Guest

4. Luke77 I hope she likes whitefish

Yakima, WA
    Ratings: +307 / 0
    Wow, very interesting!
  5. chromefinder New Member

that's what i thought...
    I wonder if Qingdao Hailun Yacht Co. Ltd is one of the manufacturers making this stuff for the Domestic resellers?
    And more importantly to me is how easy would it be to actually buy from them...knowing full well than any type of warranty and customer service would be next to impossible to utilize
  6. Luke77 I hope she likes whitefish

Yakima, WA
    Ratings: +307 / 0
    Yea, their site and model numbering system is cryptic as heck. I'm guessing you'd order one thing and get something completely different. I sure wouldn't trust it.
  7. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +658 / 5
    Martyg could expand on this a little. But knowing from other customers there's only a couple manufacturers over there that do all the producing of these products. I don't follow the website of Scadden, does it say all of their products are made in USA? I know a company can spin that term.

I also know that those companies only deal in bulk buy not individual sales.
  8. Short Fat and Ugly New Member

Boise, ID
    Ratings: +4 / 0
    I would tread cautiously. We had a similar company poach photos from our web site and feature pricing that was way below retail and it turned out it was not a legit operation. The company featured here may be different but the look and feel are very close to the one that we dealt with. There are a number of great boat mfgs that are mentioned on this forum and the margins for mfgs are such that anything posted at super duper deals is probably sketchy at best. My suggestion would be to do your homework.

Chris Callanan
    Outcast Sporting Gear
  9. Peyton00 Active Member

Puyallup, Wa.
    Ratings: +290 / 0
    Maxxon pontoons are manufactured in Qingdao, I dont know about other inflatables brands.
    I agee with above post mentioning the warranty/customer service issues absent a dealer rep over here on our soil. Over the many years I have been using outdoor adventure type gear, I haven't had any warranty issues with the products i have purchased here while manufactured over there. I have had shit break and things wear out, most of the stuff i use and abuse and it takes a beating.... made here or anywhere. I have purchased a lemon before, but of all the gear i have used throughout the years thats mostly made overseas... i think they do a pretty good job of keeping us outside and happy.

BTW: buyer beware. ;)
  10. james.jimenez Active Member

South Korea
    Ratings: +234 / 0
    I am watching this thread like a hawk!!!
  11. PT Physhicist

Edmonds, WA
    Ratings: +715 / 2
    Purchase experience can't be much different than what you get from the "reputable" dealer that is peddling those boats now......

<insert pot stirring emoticon here>

;)
  12. james.jimenez Active Member

South Korea
    LMAO!!!!
  13. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Not that I'd ever wish to go back to my old route (loved the customers, but man it was a ballbreaker), but if I could hunt down a couple of them they could tell me all the factories (again, like Martyg probably could too). There's probably more factories there now, but know that at one time you could get about anything made at a couple monster plants over there. Was funny how almost 15 different companies on my old route all had their products made by same place (and all had different products, some VASTLY different). Again, as mentioned, it could be the company stealing photos. Guess only time will tell.
  14. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    BTW, only reason I know they were all made by the same place, is that I delivered their samples to them. All sent international. Had a few times I almost misdelivered packages thinking that the package belonged to another customer, until I read the label (loaded right by the other stop on same shelf).
  15. chromefinder New Member

This one kinda looks familiar as well.

I still have yet to get any responses back from the quote requests i sent out on a few models...

[IMG]
  16. Freestone Not to be confused with freestoneangler

Ratings: +1,173 / 0
    Many times, shipping labels or Customs Docs make it appear as if the goods are made in the same factories, but often those are the names of an import/export business. Those types of businesses are used to ship goods for lots of reason, including by small companies who may not have the expertise, but they are also sometimes used by savvy customers who don't want the name of the actual factory known. Otherwise, people can easily look it up...

Shipper
    QINGDAO HAILUN YACHT CO.,LTD.
    LIUTING INDUSTRIAL PARK, CHENGYANG DISTRICT, QINGDAO

Consignee
    NORTH FORK OUTDOORS
    HOSKISSON WARHOUSE 1960S CASPERVILLE HEBER CITY UT 84032

Product Description
    INFLATBALE BOAT

Arrival Date
    2012-06-23

Weight
    3100 KG

Units

Port of Loading
    Ching Tao

Port of Discharge
    Long Beach, California

Vessel Name
    WAN HAI 508

Bill of Lading
    BXGCQD0512050146

Voyage No.
    060E

Carrier Name
    WAN HAI 50

Carrier Name
    BXGC

Marks and Numbers
    NO MARKS
  17. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    But for myself, I know the ones going to my customers weren't coming from a Chinese Freight Forwarder/expeditor, but the factory itself. :) Nature of my job. lol
  18. james.jimenez Active Member

South Korea
    Any response from this company yet?
  19. constructeur Active Member

Seattle, Wa
    Ratings: +410 / 0
    I'm not sure of your source (meaning if you actually found the source for Zebec boats, or if the photo was poached), but iirc Zebec is the parent for Star Inflatables.

http://www.starinflatables.com/mods/default.asp

I have/use the star frame fittings on the suggestion of board user Shapp, and am quite happy with them. Though I'd much rather have a nice American made boat, I'd have no problem rowing a Star/Zebec made anything down the drink.