NFR Is it raining ANYWHERE??

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Vladimir Steblina, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Bob Triggs

Bob Triggs Your Preferred Olympic Peninsula Fly Fishing Guide

After a long drought out here on the Olympic Peninsula rivers the water is drawn down very low, and the adjacent gravels and soils and plant life are drying out too. And since this weather has moved in slowly, distributing rain gradually in starts and stops, the rivers have responded slowly so far. As the soils and gravels fill with water and the rivers rise with each rainfall event, there will come a moment when any more additional rain will really cause floods. If it rains hard today, tonight and tomorrow- as forecast- the rivers here will jump up quickly and stay up. But so far it has been great to think of slowly rising flows pulling in returning fish, attracting fish upriver from their long stranded summer holes, spreading fish through the systems. The Steelhead, Cutthroat and Salmon will appreciate this too. http://olympicpeninsulaflyfishing.blogspot.com

In his morning update today Dr Mass points out an unusually dense, broad band of moisture headed our way on the radar today: http://cliffmass.blogspot.com

2. Freestone

Freestone Not to be confused with freestoneangler

It is raining here in Montreal. If only there were Atlantic salmon this far west...

3. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

In order for the fires to go out, you need a good snow job.

4. luv2fly2

luv2fly2 Active Member

it was raining in othello today off and on. our first since about 3 months. luv it. my jalapenos have smiles. mike w

5. Idaho steel

Idaho steel Active Member

It rained off and on all Friday night, Saturday and Saturday night...Yesterday was overcast but dry, but shortly after I got home it started raining again and was still at it this morning. It's stopped at the moment, but more is scheduled to arrive. The rivers are jumping up, and I'm personally pretty damn happy :)

6. PT

PT Physhicist

It was raining and blowing yesterday when we put 3 more limits in the boat off West Point...... ;)

7. Vladimir Steblina

Vladimir Steblina Retired Forester...now fishing instead of working

Had a nice day fishing Monday, but not catching at the basin. Water temperature was 59 degrees.

It was sunny, early in the morning, clouded up in the afternoon and really started raining about 4:00pm.

We got much less rain in Wenatchee, than in the basin. But I think it was enough to end fire season. We were still in high fire danger on deer opener. One evacuation per summer is enough.

8. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Well we got some rain this morning. It was coming down pretty hard there for a moment. Now it's stopped again. But the wind is blowing pretty hard . The trees are shedding what's left of their leaves nice and fast. It looks like the sun is coming out. So much for the rain.

I'd go fishing but I'm afraid I'll melt in this shit.

Gary Knowels likes this.