I've got a problem with an online fly shop

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Norme, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Norme DM is a D bag

Zen's Mom's House
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Flydealer.com

This shop is located out of Blaine, Washington. I put off writing a bad review but they haven't answered my emails or calls. This shop sucks. They sent me the wrong flies, wrong sizes, and wrong colors. It took 5 days to get these mailed to me when I live about 20 minutes away from their shop.

If you want poorly tied flies in the wrong size color and model order from these guys. They have cut off all communication with me and I feel they deserve a bad review.

I want the flies I ordered, flydealer.
  2. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,656 / 0
    This is what happens when you buy things on line. I have to see what I'm buying or I don't buy it.

Since you only live 20 minutes away it would of been cheaper to just go there. And not have any hassles.

Jim
  3. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,357 / 9
    I enjoy stopping in my local shop. I have not been in there nearly enough lately to bullshit with the staff about all the fishing I'm not able to do. Sorry you got stiffed.
  4. Connor H Bobbers n Beadz

Ellensburg, WA
    Ratings: +8 / 0
    Well, I have had good and bad stuff online. Cheap, crappy flies are what I get alot but every now and then you find a place with the good stuff!!!
  5. PT Physhicist

Edmonds, WA
    Ratings: +717 / 2
    Without hearing the other side of the story it's hard to work up much sympathy. It would be nice if these type of threads were deleted because it's just too easy to post something which may lead to a bad reputation whether it's deserved or not.
  6. Jamie Wilson Active Member

Arlington WA
    Ratings: +91 / 0
    See it - feel it - buy it if you like it.
    Besides the fact that my credit card info got ripped off twice on-line, I'm back to good old shopping and I'm diggin it!!
    The problem as I see it is when the on line order gets screwed up and you need the return. That itself is reason enough to bag the on line stuff.
    I also like talking fishing or whatever with the guys at the counter.
    Good stuff
    Magill
  7. Norme DM is a D bag

Zen's Mom's House
    I would love to hear the other side of the story.
  8. FLGator Member

PNW
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    Not even close Old Man. Seriously! Deal with a reputable shop and as a general rule your expectations are met and often exceeded.

My local shop sucks. I totally rely on on-line business transactions and have a relationship with them that is 100% satisfactory.

Yes, I too would like to hear the "other side of the story", but let's face it, sometimes there are shitty people who hang a shingle.
  9. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,656 / 0
    I shop at two fly shops in Dillon and everytime I've been in them I always get good help. About all I buy at Wallmart is what I can't get at these shops. And If I was to get something on-line it would be from Cabelas.

Besides this is where you get your info on what is working and what isn't. You can't get this on-line.

Jim
  10. Josh dead in the water

NW Washington
    Ratings: +497 / 2
    I don't know what online place it is and I'm not sure I've even met Norme.

But anyone who is crapping on Bellingham locals for not "buying at our local shop" can piss up a rope.

We have no local shop. Haven't had one for over a year. You think we're getting any good information from the college burnouts at GI Joes? The closest real fly shop is over an hour away in Mill Creek. I'm not filling up my tank every time I need a dozen flies.
  11. SpeySpaz still an authority on nothing

Roy, WA
    Ratings: +13 / 0
    if it was me-and it's not-
    I'd take my crappy flies, a copy of the order form, and pay them a visit.
    Maybe there was an honest mistake, maybe their voicemail is screwed up or their website...
    Most people who are in business want their customers to come back.
    I'd give them an opportunity for a face-to-face fix.
  12. Daryle Holmstrom retiredfishak

Mount Vernon, WA
    Ratings: +105 / 0
    I logged on as a customer, check out their fine policy and overseas links. Mail address is just that. Hope you get some info, from their home info no info, some info:

pad
    Customer Service

Here at Flydealer.com, we pride ourselves on our world-renowned Customer Service! Do you have a question about your order? Your satisfaction is very important to us and we're here to help.

Order Processing
    Most orders received before 1pm pst Monday through Friday are shipped on the same day, at the latest all orders are shipped within one business day of receipt. In the rare event that an item ordered is out of stock, we will contact you within 24 hours to advise.

** Size Substitutions **
    We will endeavour to fulfill your order with the exact sizes ordered. If however, we are out of a particular size we will substitute with one size larger or smaller. If you do not wish to have any size substitutions please indicate this in the comments section of your order.

Order Tracking
    To track your Order's journey, click the link of the appropriate shipping company below and enter your tracking number.

Contacting Customer Service
    You may contact us by e-mail or fax at any time, or call us toll-free during our Customer Service hours.

The Customer Service Department Hours are:
    Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. PST.
    Saturday and Sunday: (Sorry, gone fishing)

E-Mail: To send an e-mail comment or inquiry,
    please use our Customer Service Inquiry Form.

Phone: 1-877-901-FLYS (3597)

Mailing Address:
    FlyDealer.com
    Attn: Customer Service
    P O Box 1707
    Blaine, WA 98231

Please provide us with at least one of the following:
    · Order confirmation number
    · Last name and zip code of sender
    · Last name and zip code of receiver
    · Phone number of sender or receiver

Questions or problems with your order
    Customer Service will contact you with any questions regarding your order, or in the event that your credit card is declined. We will use the billing phone number or e-mail address you provided, unless you specified other contact information.
  13. Kyle Smith Active Member

Bozeman, MT
    Ratings: +265 / 0
    There are a couple really good online fly shops. One based in Boise has really good flies, and their orders are always shipped quickly and accurately.
  14. Barry Member

Whidbey Island, Washington
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    I've ordered from flydealer.com several times over the last few years, always got decent flies at a decent price. No complaints. They package well and ship quickly. No complaints here.

When I want top quality flies I order from troutflies.com and pay the price. Depends on what I'm using them for. Sometimes good enough is good enough, sometimes good enough isn't quite.
  15. Keith Hixson Active Member

College Place, Washington
    Ratings: +53 / 0
    The Old Man is correct. 20 minutes away. Just go there and do your shopping in person, meet them face to face and resolve your problem. Don't complain until you do that. Learn to tie flies and avoid fly shops, it will save you money. No new rods, reels, etc. :)

Keith
  16. cutthroatking screw work lets fish

Rosalia, Washington
    As far as I know there isn't a shop in librty lake anymore.I know of 2 great shops in the spokane area.The silver bow is owned by one of the nicest guys I know.Sean will go the extra mile for any of his customers.Alan at sweads has some of best tying materials I've seen in a shop.Alan my be hard to get along with at times but He is very knowageable.

john
  17. surfnfish Member

Salem, Oregon
    Flyfishusa.com in Welches Oregon - best service possible, and superb inventory. Web site is always the best one out there for a fly shop. Super friendly, willing to spend time on the phone (they always answer) and I've never had an order take more then 3 days to receive from order.
  18. Josh dead in the water

NW Washington
    Ratings: +497 / 2
    There are two types of online stores.

1. A real "brick & mortar" store that sells online to increase their customer base.

2. A "store" that is just a warehouse and a mailing address.

This place in Blaine (if it is flydealer.com) is the second one as far as I know. There is no "just drive up there". Ever tried to drive to Seattle and shop at Amazon in person? That's part of the reason mail order places can keep their prices so low. They don't have to pay for retail space, "friendly" employees, display cases, etc.
  19. Tim Lockhart Working late at The Office

Mill Creek, WA
    Ratings: +267 / 0
    If I'm not mistaken, these guys are at the Bellevue show every year. I've ordered from them in the past and had good success...you can also buy bugs from them at the show. Nice folks. From talking with them I think they actually operate out of California (poke around their site...bet there's a Cali address floating around). About the Blaine P.O. box...at best one of the partners lives there, or the owner may have a 2nd res in the area. Either way I doubt they're doing anything but correspondence out of Blaine. Norme, did you have to pay tax on the order?
  20. colton rogers wishin' i was fishin'

gig harbor, washington
    Ratings: +10 / 0
    i like to order from cabala's b/c their such a big company that they can't blow you off, and if you don't like something you can even return it without a recite. the new store in Lacey really makes shopping their easy. the only thing i don't like buying online is cloths. i would like to support my community but i don't know if theirs a fly shop in gig harbor.