Jerry Daschofsky and Veterans need help

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Denny Wagenman, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Denny Wagenman

Denny Wagenman Active Member

I don't post very often but when it comes to helping veterans I am all over it. As most of you are aware Jerry hosts a number of veterans through the Healing Waters organization to a 2 fly fishing event on the Yakima which this year is scheduled for September 21.

Being a war veteran myself I can't tell you how much fly fishing has meant to me. I struggled mentally for years from war and the one thing that cleared my mind was standing in the middle of a river and throwing a fly to those little lovelys. If just one vet gets some sort of healing on the 2 fly we can be proud that we helped he or she in some small way.

So to get to the point Jerry is trying to raise $3500 for the event and as of the August 10 it looks like he is still $2000 short. He needs our help.

Jerry's fundraiser/donation thread post on the forum explains the event and has information where to send a donation.

One last thing. I have never spoke nor met Jerry, but you sir, I salute you.

Denny

jeff bandy, Irafly, Chawhee and 2 others like this.
  2. triploidjunkie

triploidjunkie Active Member

Media:
    If I wasn't pauper style broke at the moment, I would do more than just like this thread. As it is all I can do is donate some flies. I would gladly donate cash if I could.

3. matalpa

matalpa Member

I know times are tight, but this might be the most worthwhile organization I have ever been around.

Matalpa

triploidjunkie likes this.
  4. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    I would like to say i appreciate this thread. I also understand times are tough for some, if you can't afford to donate don't fret. We have all been there. I'm almost to point i have food covered. Trying to cover the while event.

triploidjunkie likes this.
  5. wavejim

wavejim New Member

Sent some money through paypal. Keep us posted on the total needed to complete your goal. I can do some creative accounting to hide "it" from the wife if you need more.

6. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    Thanks, it's coming along nicely. Still a month until I need to close down the account and start paying off the goods of the trip.

7. Stew McLeod

Stew McLeod aka BigMac

Media:
    Bumping this to the top ... I figured with the gear I've bought this year the least I could do was donate to this.

Stew