NFR Job Hunting Today?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Dottiesdad, Apr 10, 2012.

1. For everyone that is (or someday might be) looking for work, HERE is an animated video that presents a particular view of the realities of the process as it is practiced in today's world.

It made me laugh, groan, and angry while watching it.

Watching it, I feel like a roll-eyes emoticon.

DD

2. Been there, done that, bought the shirt, gave it to the thrift store.

3. My favorite line from the video at the moment:

"Besides, there are plenty of people with no respect for themselves, and as much college debt as you have, that would not only fill out the McApplication, but would sleep with my middle-aged, twice-divorced, angry, bitter ass for the chance of getting a job here."

4. I glad I retired 13 years ago. If I had to look for a job now I wouldn't be able to get one with out a high school diploma. I feel like I've been retired forever. And loving it.

5. Retired in Montana: That sounds like a good place to be.

Congrat's to you for making it there. May you have just as much of it as you can stand for a long time yet to come.

I think I'd pay good money to see you interview with a contemporary HR drama queen who is a little too full of herself. Not that I like to see girls cry, but I do love the chance to watch Karma settle the universe's accounts.

6. LMFAO! Been there! Glad I don't have to deal with those HR folk anymore................

7. When I worked at Boeing, it seemed that I was always in trouble with HR. I was never somebody who would sit there and keep my mouth shut. I always asked questions but the people didn't like it. They preferred yes men. Not Me.

8. Wow, they had HR back then? I thought HR was a more recent invention.

9. gotta love it!

10. Just for fun, I'm going to see if I can figure out the embed thing for media. Every old dog needs to learn a new trick now and then.

Edit: That was easy!