Juneau in early June?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by FishPirate, May 9, 2002.

1. FishPirate New Member

Darrington, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I'm heading to Juneau during the first week in June, and would like to wet a line for a day. Any recommendations?
  2. 0012 New Member

Eagle River, Alaska, USA.
    Try Kowee creek for dollies and bows, the fish creek lagoon and outflow for kings, and the beach by DIPAC hatery for kings.
    Tight Lines From Alaska
    0012 :THUMBSUP
  3. FishPirate New Member

Darrington, WA, USA.
    Thanks for the help!
  4. 0012 New Member

Oh yeah I forgot chums millions of em Bring flys for the salt!!
    Tight Lines From Alaska
    0012 :WINK
  5. FishPirate New Member

Darrington, WA, USA.
    Do I need a boat for chums in the salt? Any particular places? Patterns?
  6. 0012 New Member

Fish for chums in the streams at low tide when the chanell in there make sure not to get caugt on the wrong side of the tide, it comes in fast. You will find chums at sheep creek, fish creek, DIPAC hatery and just about everwhere else if there in you will cautch some many you'll get bored :TONGUE . I reccomend taking a boat out and fishing for kings in the salt.
    Tight Lines From Alaska
    0012 :THUMBSUP
  7. Bob Coma New Member

duvall, wa, king.
    I was up there last July. Fished Montana Creek for Dollys and Cuttthroat and did real well. There were a few Chum running around up there too. My highlight was at Echo Cove. The Pinks were everywhere and more than willing to pounce on pink streamers. No boat, just wade and cast at the risers. Over 50 in two days. They are alot of fun in the salt on a 6-7 weight. Before you go contact the local fly shop in Juneau. He can hook you up with whats happening. I'm sorry I can't remember the name, but check out the web for Juneau or SW Alaska flyfishing. Have fun. :THUMBSUP
  8. FishPirate New Member

Darrington, WA, USA.
    Thanks for all the information. What patterns should I bring along?
  9. Bob Coma New Member

duvall, wa, king.
    I used purple and olive egg sucking leeches for the Dollies and anything pink for the Pinks. It might be a touch early for the Pinks though. The place to call is Juneau Fly Fishing Goods 907-586-3754. He'll be happy to set you up with whats working for whats biting.
  10. 0012 New Member

You did good in montana creek? Cutts sound real nice I didn't know you could caych them in July. Any Brookies (there are soppose to be a few)?
    Tight Lines From Alaska
    0012 :COOK
  11. Bob Coma New Member

duvall, wa, king.
    Sorry for the delay in answering you. I've been in Montana watching it go from 86 degrees on Tuesday to a flipping snowstorm on Wednesday. Last year when I fished Montana Creek near Juneau, the Chum were running, so I imagine the Dollies and Searuns were following them up the creek feeding on eggs and chunks of the dying salmon. I didnt find any Brookies or Rainbows and I'm not sure there are any in Montana Creek. Again, check with the fly shop I mentioned in my previous post. Good luck.