Jungle Cock Source?

Discussion in 'Fly Tying' started by Jergens, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Tim Cottage

Tim Cottage Formerly tbc1415

Splits, color, size, density all figure into the price.

TC

2. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

theres ton of j.c. in fly shops in canada, but just like polar bear you are not really suppose to cross back into the U.S. with it. I've bought from the guy on Ebay and think that he is more than fair in price for what you get.

3. silvercreek

silvercreek Active Member

4. Ryan Higgins

Ryan Higgins Active Member

I just picked up a JC cape from the estonia guy, $23 delivered. We'll see when it arrives, but it looked to be pretty good in the photos. Not too many splits and lots of usable looking nails.

5. Rod Wittner

Rod Wittner Active Member

So I ordered a cape from the Estonia guy on Ebay. It showed up in about a week and was definitely the one shown in the ad. I paid $45 plus stamps. I am very satisfied with this transaction and would do it again.:)

6. Ryan Higgins

Ryan Higgins Active Member

Just got my cape. It is the same one pictured. Excellent quality for $23. Most of the nails just have one split which will be fine for beginning tying and easily fixed. Arrived in about 1-1/2 weeks.

7. vonjefe

vonjefe Von Jefe

That's a great score from eBay. I've had similarly good luck with int'l purchases. The nails aren't perfect, but good enough for bugs you want to actually hit the drink.

8. mlwebb

mlwebb New Member

I like ebay, just not the eastern european capes - have got nice ones from England.