Just realized that I've got a Fenwick 5wt, anyone fish one?

Discussion in 'Bamboo, Fiberglass & Classic Reels' started by Josh, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Josh

Josh dead in the water

Media:
    So while I have fished my Lamiglas 3 and 4 wt rods for a few years now, I just recently realized that I had a 5wt Fenwick FF775 in the back of my closet. My father in law left it in my possession back when I first got into flyfishing. I probably just said "hmmm, yeah, fiberglass. Great." and stuck it in the closet.

But now, years later, I'm in love with glass rods and had been thinking of trying a 5wt. Lo and behold, I already had one. So I'm going to take it out with my typical WF5 reel setup. But I'll probably try to track down a 5wt DT if I like the rod.

Anyone else used one of these or anything similar?

2. Kent Lufkin

Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Media:
    Thanks for the reminder - I've got a FF706 that only gets out about once every 3-4 years. Seems like a good idea to get it wet in the next few weeks.

K

3. triploidjunkie

triploidjunkie Active Member

Media:
    I love mine. The owner of Reynold's resort gave it to me. It'd been sitting in the back of the shop since the seventies. A very soft rod. After casting fast action graphite for so many years, it took a little adjusting on my casting stroke. But now I love it.

4. rockthief

rockthief Fly fishing = food for my soul

You bet I do. I fish three 5 wts and a 7 wt Fenwick glass. NOt a fan of fast graphite. Load the Fenwick and it does the job.