Kadoo's to Redington/Sage!!

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by fredaevans, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Hal Eckert

Hal Eckert Member

Personally my high end price point for a fly rod is $ 400, lots of good rods out there these days below that price.

As for fly tackle manufacturer service I have found it to be good for most, lets face it these days with the internet and email if its not its going to be written up and broad cast to 100s if not thousands of fly fishers on many fly fishing boards. Not like the old days pre internet/email when it was a one on one interaction.

:beer2:

BG

2. fredaevans

fredaevans Active Member

UPS at the door at 1321 this afternoon (or is that redundant?)!

Well, I really do like a Greek Salad with Feta Cheese and black olives; does that count?:rolleyes:

New rod from Redington delivered this afternoon and it is a 12-6 three section 7wt "Redfly." Will line this up in a bit and try some 'grass casting.'

Fred

3. fredaevans

fredaevans Active Member

Been going through the fly lines I (already) own to get a reasonable match for the 'new toy.' No Joy, save for a 7 wt DT 1-hander line ... and that didn't set the world on fire. Visited my 'local' (Ashland) fly shop and said 'where do I go from here.'

Will said, with the relatively short length of the rod (12'6") that this might be a good candidate for a RIO Skagit head. Popped a 500 grain head along with a type 6 sink tip and ZOOM!!

Only a few opportunities to use a skagit system (prefer the Scandi heads) up to this point, but with this rod, Will was dead on.:thumb:

4. Sloan Craven

Sloan Craven Active Member

Fred, how many spey rods do you have?

5. fredaevans

fredaevans Active Member

I long ago gave up counting. :rolleyes: But lots.

6. Sloan Craven

Sloan Craven Active Member

Gave up counting......:confused:
    I'm guessing moree than Salmo G.

7. fredaevans

fredaevans Active Member

Not sure, but I've been 'collecting' them since the 80's. (To Joan's consternation.:rofl: )