Kalama/Lewis fisheries???

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Scott, May 11, 2002.

1. Scott New Member

North Bend, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Hello everyone... I was wondering how these two rivers fish for steelhead in May? What about Kings? Are they an option on a fly?
  2. Luv2flyfish Another Flyfisherman

Western WA, US.
    A friend of mine from Idaho used to frequent the Kalama in May and June. He told me that most of the fish are hatchery, but a few wilds here and there. His wife used to take the Cam Corder and I have seen some of his video footage - some dandy fish a few years back. I dont know about today though. Best of Luck!! Jay
  3. flogger New Member

Federal Way.
    Hey Scott - I was there not last week end but the one before... saw 3-4 drift boats on the water, particular around the 1st boat ramp. a couple of waders out father on the river, looked like gear chuckers. Don't know how they did but I'll try to include a pic of the river I took while out scouting.... :COOK
  4. Scott New Member

North Bend, WA, USA.
    Hi Flogger... Thanks for the response... We fished the Kalama on Sunday. Fishing was great... Catching was pretty poor. Saw one springer in a tailout that didnt want to look at what I had to offer. Didnt seem to be much Steelie activity either....