Keeping Steelhead on the Wenatchee

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by Danielocean, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Sageman

Sageman Member

That's what I meant.... Thanks for pointing out my anatomy gaff, I should know better.

2. Sageman

Sageman Member

These are good points. You DO need a WORKING ink pen on you while you fish. My buddy had a run in many years ago on the Sky because his pen was not working and he harvested a fish. He was a teenager at the time and walked up to the game warden and asked to borrow a pen and it didn't go well for him. That particular GW had a reputation though for being a bit of an unnecessary asshole.

Knowing the river number is important as well. I made this mistake on the Wenatchee yesterday. They used to have all of the river codes on the license, but don't anymore. I don't fish the Wenatchee much and got my first hatchery fish yesterday and realized I didn't know the river code. Just texted my buddy to look it up, so no biggie.

3. Kevin J. Burnham

Kevin J. Burnham Active Member

Media:
    Ohhh Andy !!! Classic !!!

4. SpeySpaz

SpeySpaz still an authority on nothing

Media:
    Bob's tip of the day---
    always keep a pen inside your waders. The one in the vest will only work when fish aren't biting...but when you wade deep, fish in the rain, and fish in cold temps they quit working fast.
    Then you kill a fish, pen won't let you punch it, and you're stuck.
    Actually, I'm thinking about getting one of those Space Pens for fishing...thanks for reminding me!

5. Freestone

Freestone Not to be confused with freestoneangler

Media:
    Here is the one I keep in my wallet along with my lic. and record card. It's so tiny you won't even know it's there - until you need it. http://www.spacepen.com/bluestowawaypenwithclip.aspx

It's barely longer than a credit card and smalller around than a straw. At $10, it's also way cheaper than the other models.

Daniel, if you are going to keep your paperwork in your vest, put it in a baggie. It's supposed to be waterproof, but trust me, you'll wish you had if you don't and it gets wet. And if you're steelheading, you will get wet.

6. RogueRiverBrat

RogueRiverBrat New Member

Instead of "grouchy old man" you name should be dumbf**k retarded person. Good thing you aren't fishing every day on these streams, or you would have a HECK OF ALOT OF $300 fines to deal with D***f***

7. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    I've got one in each of my waders' zippered pockets. I've got one in each of my sling bags, hip and back packs. I love getting more of them as gifts (hint) and have them in my truck, car, jackets, work desk...nothing in moderation for me. I've written in just about every type of storm and temperature and will go on record swearing by them. When I retired my crew got me a bunch of them because I only used those pens (in subdued black of course) and those that were in my retirement ceremony got one as a gift from me. Yeah, I like those pens for my fishing needs and they make a nifty emergency device too...but let's not go there again.

8. Split Bamboo

Split Bamboo Member

Media:
    Dude way out of line! And clueless as well. OMJ is often reminding people to check the regs. In this case, in a state he doesn't live in, on a river he is not fishing, regarding an emergency regulations posted a few weeks ago he was incorrect. Oh and regarding rules....check the forum rules....

9. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Cheezeandrice RRB, OMJ has over 13,000 posts and on occasion he may lay a lead egg. You've got 34 and are jumping his shit? Why not grow the hell up and merely post that for the particular fishery, which is not in MT where OMJ is currently living, the current regs are retain all hatchery fish up to four and stop fishing. I guess you'd rather just emerge as another knee jerk shit jumper.

(sorry all, not normally my style, but give me a freaking break)

10. Sageman

Sageman Member

Just a troll trying to get a rise.... and not the kind most of us try to get.

11. Be Jofus G

Be Jofus G Banned or Parked

Media:
    :rofl: :beer2:

12. Danielocean

Danielocean Steelhead Virgin

Media:

Wow.........What a prick. I have not posted much on this forum either but almost every post that I have made on here was a question and oldman was one of the first to jump at helping me. Your disrespect is not welcome here please apologize to a man who is just trying to help. Also I think that if you ever spoke in this manor to old man while in a room filled with his peers like everyone on the forum, you would have to be dealing with over 300 bucks worth of emergency room bills.

13. Whit

Whit 19D

Media:
    RRB: Troll elsewhere... may I suggest an online gaming forum... they welcome trolls with open arms there

14. RogueRiverBrat

RogueRiverBrat New Member

Yeah, Oldman is really helping people out telling them "feel free to return hatchery steelhead" when that will get them a $300 fine. So Daniel, since you are rushing to the protection of old man, will you pay the fines of everyone who gets a ticket for doing what old man is telling people to do? To be fair we will limit it to 30 people, that is $9000.

15. Danielocean

Media:
    You do have a point, but the manor in your delivery was highly disrespectful and you owe him an apology. I would not expect a person who is living outside of Washington State to be aware of the "recent" regulation changes for select rivers. I think that his intentions were to help with the best of his knowledge. Like I said, you acted like an ass in the manor of your delivery.

16. Sageman

Sageman Member

$300 may cover your kids visit for an ear infection.... Add another "0"

17. Danielocean

Media:

18. Danielocean

Media:
    Also if I ever do run into you say on the Wenatchee, I dont think that the game warden will give me a 300 dollar ticket for throwing your ass back in the river. LMAO

19. Jmills81

Jmills81 The Dude Abides

Media:
    RRB.....you're an ass hat...simple as that

shit, I made a rhyme

20. cutthroatking

cutthroatking screw work lets fish

I thought I heard some bass in the back ground