Kettle River flow near Republic

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by IveofIone, Jul 25, 2002.

1. IveofIone

IveofIone Guest

IveofIone
    Has anyone been fishing the Kettle between the border and Republic? Is there enough water to float a pontoon boat? And has the fishing been decent so far this year? I'm a little too far away to just run over and look for myself so any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Ive

2. fishnfella

fishnfella New Member

Fish till ya drop.
    Then suck it up
    and fish the evening hatch.

The Kettle always has plenty water to float in that section and this is the popular time of year to float it. Evenings best for the Big Browns, but all day can produce RB.
    Don't have an up to date report, but fishing is very consistant on this river from year to year.

3. mat1226

mat1226 Active Member

IveofIone,

I was one of probably several who were hoping you would get a response. I will be close to being in the area of the Kettle this weekend. I may just bomb up there to take my first look at the stream. If I do I will get back to you.

Mark

4. IveofIone

IveofIone Guest

IveofIone
    Mark, Thanks for the post, I'll be interested to hear what you find out. Next week is supposed to be a little cooler and if it is I want to drive over and scout the area around Republic and Curlew for a nice spot to park the rv in late Sept. Of course I'll take a couple of rods, a box or two of flies, some waders.......... Ive