KFR... best seasonal beer?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Panhandle, Nov 13, 2007.

1. tythetier Fish Slayer

WASHOUGAL, WA
    Ratings: +40 / 0
    FIREBALL WHISKEY!!! KINDA LIKE GOLDSHCLAGER (SP), BUT A BIT SMOOTHER I THINK. FOR THE BEER, I LIKE GETTIN PLOWED WITH SNOWCAP!
  2. P-FITZ98 Member

Spokane, WA
    Ratings: +14 / 0
    Guinness be the brew for me!!! In season always!
  3. mozart Chris

Ferndale, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Evan,

I'm pretty sure they don't distribute their beer to anywhere except here in Bellingham. As for the Scotch, they make it year round. Yes, we're spoiled :D

Edit: I guss they do: http://www.bbaybrewery.com/listing.php?d=4
  4. Josh dead in the water

NW Washington
    Ratings: +496 / 2
    I should have said "two" instead of "few". I was there a long time and had dinner.

Drinking and driving is no joke. I'm pretty tough on myself about that.
  5. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    Ratings: +1,616 / 2
    you need to try some more stouts then. guinness may have invented the style, but they surely don't stack up to the competition nowadays :beer1:
  6. Itchy Dog Some call me Kirk Werner

Doo-vall
    Ratings: +422 / 0
    I always enjoy the Holiday packaging of Bud.
  7. gt Active Member

sequim, WA
    Ratings: +6 / 0
    you may have tried arrogant bastard. their seasonal is double bastard, produced in very small quanities, but worth the search if you are a real beer conisour. :) :) :)
  8. Big Tuna Member

Wenatchee, Washington
    Ratings: +39 / 0
    This is actually one of the more enjoyable and informative threads in a while. Bridgeport's Ebenezer ale is pretty decent. I concur w/ the Snow Cap and Jubelale. My current favorite IPA is the Inversion IPA...almost a super hopped Mack and Jacks. Though it's not necessarily seasonal, it's chewy enough to be a winter beer. Keep 'em coming.

Itchy,
    You're proof positive that you can take the boy out of Pullman, but can't take the Pullman out of the boy. Glad you've graduated from Beer Beer, Buckhorn and animal beer. Guess that's what a job will do for you:beer1:
  9. Josh dead in the water

NW Washington
    I'm sitting in my favorite pub, and the rumor is that Georgetown is coming out with a porter in the near future. I guess the brewers were in here earlier with a "test" growler. Should be a good winter brew. Only on tap though, no Georgetown in bottles sadly.
  10. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +508 / 0
    Is that the same brewery that makes Manny's Pale Ale?

Mannys, not seasonal, but still a mighty fine american hopped ale :beer2: :beer2:
  11. 100daysayear One more victim of the never ending journey.

Seattle, WA
    Well, first, I'd like to just throw my general opinion out there:

Beer is go(o)d.

Beyond that, in the winter time I most enjoy

Alaskan Winter Ale (Spruce tips baby!)
    Anchor Brewing Merry Christmas Ale
    New Belgium 2 Below
    and of course...
    PBR, the beer of my childhood.

For any of you Seattle folks, I'd like to second, or third, the recommendation that has been thrown around for the Jolly Roger Tap Room at the Maritime Brewery in good 'ole Freelard. Great people and beer that makes them look like assholes. One piece of advice: take a cab.

Cheers,
    Ryan
  12. Merle Not New, Just rarely post...

Black Diamond, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +8 / 0
    Great thread... so I'm gonna weigh in on this one. I love the amber ales, all year long, but especially this time of year when each brewery comes out with their own spin on winter ale. I try to sample all of the ones that I see in the beer aisle... but always seem to come back to my old favorite: Redhook's Winterhook. Kind of surprised it hasn't been mentioned here already. It's definitely not the most obscure or limited distribution (Redhook's not even close to being a true "micro-brew" anymore), but I think these guys have it dialed in.

I also tired Sierra Nevada's Celebration Ale tonight (thanks to this thread) and have to say it's right up there with the Winterhook. Also worthy of mention is Pyramid's Snowcap, thought it reminds me of that Samuel Jackson Beer skit on the Dave Chappelle show ("it gets you F-ed up quick!").

These brews are all perfect for sitting by the woodstove on a cold evening and going through your flyboxes.
  13. Captain Emo Member

Cleveland, OH
    As Fall turns to Winter, Pyramid Snowcap is the one.

I tried a great Fall beer a few weeks ago. Some will drool, some will cringe. If you can still find Southern Tier Pumking Ale, you have to try it. Imagine real pumpkin pie. Now imagine someone turned it into beer - good beer - 9% ABV beer. It is smooth and warming.
  14. Josh dead in the water

NW Washington

Yes it is. Georgetown makes Mannys and Rogers. Both are excellent (with Manny's coming out on top in my book). I'm looking forward to the porter.
  15. Charles Sullivan dreaming through the come down

bellingham wa
    Ratings: +539 / 0
    mmmmmmmmm... Manny's
  16. Panhandle Active Member

Selkirk Mountains, Idaho Panhandle
    Ratings: +23 / 0
    Aint that the truth.

Thanks for the great suggestions guys. Looks like I have some beer shopping to do:beer2:
  17. JWKitsap Member

Bremerton, WA
    Word on the streets is (and I sell most of those brews mentioned in the thread) is that Boundary isnt bottling any of their beers any longer due to the demand for their draft beer. and yes...winter is the best time of year for beer....and red wine :D
  18. Jergens AKA Joe Willauer

Twin Bridges, MT
    Ratings: +19 / 0
    is there a bad time of year for beer?

i picked up some of the new belgium 2 below and was impressed, i think my favorite winter is Granville island brewery Lion's winter ale, used to drink it during college weekend at whistler, atleast i think i remember liking it.
  19. WONDERWOMAN Lasso of Truth

George Washington
    I'd have to go along with Jolly Roger from Maritime Pacific. I like my beer strong as God, sweet as love and darker than night.
  20. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    Ratings: +1,616 / 2
    i drive right on by georgetown brewery every day on my way home from work at about 11pm. i always say while i'm at work "i'm gonna stop in tonight and check it out," then never do because I'm "too tired" after work.

with the amount of appreciation for GOOD beer here, we should do a WFF "meet and drink" at Jolly Roger taproom :beer2: