Kid friendly lakes with shore access...

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Alexander, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Alexander Fishon

WA
    Ratings: +290 / 0
    Hey all, maybe some of you don't mind sharing intel on lakes that have decent fishing from shore. I have 4 kids all sub 10yrs minus one, she's 12. Taking them all out on fishing trips can get challenging especially when we only have shore/dock access. I've taken my son out to Cady and the owner has let us borrow a row boat each time and he's gotten into fish, but this summer my goal is to get all of them out together, however, I'm not so schooled on lakes and their accessibility but from what I know, slim pickins, especially for fly fishing.

Does anyone mind sharing some good kid friendly fly fishing lakes in Kitsap County and the surrounding areas? If not fly fishing gear fishing, my two youngest ones will probably be set up with bobbers and power bait or something to start out with. We hit up Long Lake last Sunday and went to that small pier, zero action and tons of wind. We've checked out Island lake before, not sure if hitting it from the beach is a waste or not, I've taken my son to the derby there before...uh, a little wild to say the least..not really our gig. My son and I have also done Kitsap lake from the boat launch with little success. The big goal for me is to be able to take all 4 of them at once.

Thanks in advance for your help.
  2. Nick Clayton Active Member

Ratings: +1,116 / 4
    Island can be good. My dad has taken my son and his other grandkids many times.

My 12 year old walked over to Buck lake on Sunday with his buddies and they caught a small handful from shore pretty easily.

Always could take em to Trophy lakes but that may get expensive.
    Alexander likes this.
  3. raincitywheel New Member

Kenmore
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    Gissberg ponds (Twin Lakes) just west of I5 near Arlingtron has a kids only lake with shore fishing. You might try Heart lake near Anacortes too.
    Alexander likes this.
  4. raincitywheel New Member

Kenmore
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    Also Silver Lake in S. Everett and Martha Lake in Mill Creek.
    Alexander likes this.
  5. Alexander Fishon

WA
    Thanks gents! A co-worker mentioned Spencer lake as well, apparently the derby for the kids rocks. I'll check it next time for the derby, but we'll possibly hit it family style this week-end.
  6. Old406Kid Active Member

Spokane, WA
    Ratings: +84 / 0
    On the wrong side of the state for lake suggestions but now understand why you
    need to build so many rods.:)
    Alexander likes this.
  7. fredaevans Active Member

White City, Oregon, USA.
    Ratings: +118 / 0
    Green Lake in north Seattle?
  8. ryfly Addicted to flyfishing

Snoqualmie, WA
    Ratings: +44 / 0
    Pine Lake on the Sammamish Plateau.
  9. Mark Yoshida Active Member

Seattle WA
    Ratings: +67 / 1
    Bradley lake in Puyallup area is a juvenile lake early in the season and has lots of shore access. They have a local city regs like no floating devices.
    I know it's a couple counties away but could be fun road trip with a picnic. Has a playground if they get tired of fishing.
    Alexander likes this.
  10. Alexander Fishon

WA

That sounds near perfect - play grounds are always a must with the little ones.
  11. Tony Tony

Lynnwood Wa
    Ratings: +52 / 0
    Check out Gibbs and Teal
    Tony