Kind of new to Wasington.

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by pacchef23, Oct 29, 2002.

1. pacchef23

pacchef23 New Member

I am kind of new to Washington, and would like information of small trout water. The smaller the better. Little mountain creeks are my favorite. I live in Seattle and don't mind driving, but work a lot of hours. I would also love to find a fishing partner in the Seattle area. Cheers!

2. Bob Triggs

Bob Triggs Your Preferred Olympic Peninsula Fly Fishing Guide

Media:
    Home Page:
    Come out to the olympic peninsula and look around. "Buy an washington Atlas and gazetteer", buy some maps of Olympic Park and Forest. Even in winter there are some places to cutthroat fish, especially in the salt water areas from Port townsend and down along Hood Canal on the Quilcene side, Doswallups etc. You can learn allot about trout water by hiking it, and there's still time for a few hours of fishing before oct31st closing. One thin that I found helpful is to pick one valley or river system and concentrate on it, learn it. There's almost too much to do out here. Right now water's low everywhere so it's a good time for reconnaissance.There's some pretty nice fishing in the high lakes in Olympic park and you won't have much company up there. The trails are in great shape most of the seaon and better fishing is always in the fall.Some of those little wild fish are a kick.Go to conservation and fishing club meetings and outings. Get involved in local projects and meet people. You'll get some good tips, some bad tips, and you'll make friends along the way and find some good fishing. Good luck.