Kinda FR

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by zen leecher aka bill w, Feb 28, 2013.

1. zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Moses Lake, WA
    Ratings: +1,019 / 1
    Please list your location in your profile. I see requests for this and that, and questions on this or that. How does someone make a recommendation of a local shop or service without being aware of the general locale.

I saw someone asking for help in starting a youngster in fly fishing. Location wasn't posted but was in Ephrata. Most of the people doing the recommendations were on the west side. Last recommendation I saw was for a shop in Mill Creek.

Now, how useful is that? Post your locations.

Guess this is my first rant. Must be Fish Season eve affecting me.
    Bill Aubrey, WT and rory like this.
  2. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,704 / 0
    I thought that you live at RFC. You go there enough times.
  3. zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Moses Lake, WA
    Everyone knows Rocky Ford is a fish pond with stocked trout. I can't fish it all the time. Actually I only fish it in the months without an "R" for rattlesnake" in it.
  4. Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Somewhere on the Coast
    Ratings: +544 / 0
    I think some folks just don't want to divulge their location, for personal reasons. That's OK. I just made my location more specific, using the longtime local place name for my area.
  5. zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Moses Lake, WA
    I think it's because it's too many keystrokes to fill out personal details and it's too many keystrokes to google search details. But real easy to ask a question on the web, easily researched via google or yahoo.

Hell, if you don't want to divulge your location (and I don't mean you Jim) pick some offbeat town and say you live in Nighthawk or Moses Lake.
  6. teedub Active Member

Cle Elum
    Ratings: +99 / 0
    I use a GPS chip and the 'Force' and can determine the origin of members and even where they posted from using a laptop.
  7. Jim Darden Active Member

Bellingham, Wa.
    Ratings: +222 / 0
    I couldn't agree more with Zen! You try to help someone with a question and find out they are in Ohio. I just don't try to help folks not willing to put down their town name.....
    Bill Aubrey likes this.
  8. Bill Aubrey Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    Ratings: +165 / 0
    I agree with Zen.
  9. atomic dog Jive Turkey

Pasco
    Ratings: +319 / 0
    I met that Zen guy once and there's no way in hell I want him knowing where I live.