"Kitchen Pass" Sunday...where should I go?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Jon Williams, Apr 13, 2007.

1. I live in Issaquah. I've got about a 4-5 hrs. "pass" on Sunday to go fishing. I was thinking Beaver Lake, Pine Lake or Snoqualmie River (Middle / South Forks). I'm heading out at first light.

What do you guys recommend? I don't have a tube or boat. Just footin it this time.

Thanks in advance.
    Jon

2. I'm not sure where you'd fly fish from at Beaver, and Pine doesn't open until the last Saturday in April. You'll have to check the flows of the forks of the Snoq., but that looks like it might be your best bet.

3. Thanks Marc. I'll cross Pine Lake off the short list and probably Beaver, until I get a tube.

I went by South Fork yesterday and it looked okay, I'm gonna check into it more. That looks like the front runner right now.

4. Well pine lake is closed until April 31st, and even then if you do not have a tube, there is really no point in trying. I fished the south fork last monday, and it was running pretty high, but it was still fishable. I would recommend renting a tube (I think creekside does rentals), and go fish either beaver or alice (near fall city).

5. Checked the weather forecast yet? The one I saw on KOMO this morning called for rain, heavy at times tonight and Saturday, improving slightly but still rainy Sunday. The forks are likely to be blown if the forecast front moves in tonight, so about all you'll find there will be casting practice. Too bad you don't have a tube to hit some local lakes, where at least your odds of putting a bend in your rod would be better.

My best advice: pick the biggest honeydew from your wife's list and do that instead on Sunday, telling her in the process you'll swap for a full day when the weather's better. Who knows, that might even make you lucky to boot!

K

6. I saw the same forecast on KOMO and other stations. That sucks. In all honesty, I'm just wanting to get out, whether it be "casting practice" or not. I may look into renting a tube and hitting Beaver or Alice (I gotta look for Alice, that's a new one to me).

I'm gonna work on my honeydew list tonight and tomorrow to try and reap the bennie's earlier :thumb:

Kent, we've talked about this before but I can't remember...the "Pass" for the Tree Farm...is that for drive-in access only? or can I hike in for free?

Thanks,
    Jon

7. Jon -
    Keep an eye on the flow levels and if they don't come up too much try the Middle Fork. I think there is more access at these flow levels than on the S Fork. Or perhaps I should say that I've found more access at these levels that work for me.