Kitsap AM Report

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by JayB, Jul 27, 2013.

1. JayB

JayB Active Member

Hit a non-secret Kitsap beach that I had to myself from 5-7AM to fish the incoming tide. Looked very "fishy" despite no visible bait/jumpers.

Pretty much just followed the recipe that folks posted here - fished the rip with one of the unweighted baitfish patterns - like Stonefish posted not too long ago - on an intermediate line with strips and after 5-10 minutes I felt a *distinctly* non-sculpin/flounder type tug and brought in a nice chrome ~5lb coho to shore after a healthy series of jumps and a couple of runs. Had an adipose fin so back to the salt it went. A few casts later I felt something similar on the end of the line but this time it was a nice fat ~16-18" SRC. Back to back firsts!

What a morning - thanks to everyone that posted up all of the patterns and general know-how. I'm quite confident that it would have taken me 461.5 years to work out the techniques on my own.

2. Richard Torres

Richard Torres Active Member

nicely done JB

3. SciGuy

SciGuy Active Member

Good work. It was fishy out there this morning...I love the in coming tides.

I picked these guys up a few miles South of you in MA10...second limit of the week and no pinks!

[​IMG]

dryflylarry and Stonefish like this.
  4. bigdood

bigdood fishing hack

Damn, nice work guys! I'm hoping tomorrow on my trip back to Portland I can get into something somewhere local

5. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Nice reports fellas. Nicely spent morning.

6. Gregg Lundgren

Gregg Lundgren Now fishing on weekdays too!

Puget sound east sider with west side envy right now.:p I need to catch a ferry.

7. Steve Knapp

Steve Knapp Beach Bum

Great reports guys, I think I might actually be able to get away from work for a couple days this week. Hopefully I'll run into you out there. I need a salt fix badly.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2