Kitsap Area Shooters...Others Also

Discussion in 'Cast & Blast' started by Islander, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Islander

Islander Steve

Just wanted to give any "shooters" a heads up on this issue and encourage you to sign The Kitsap Revolver & Rifle Clubs petition. The short version of this story is that some folks in the local gov't are trying to take over control for this facility as to what, when and how they shoot. I believe it stems from some people who have recently moved near by and don't like the noise (the clubs been there since 1926). The current Club members are fighting to keep this a "club run" facility and have a petition going to show support for the current way of operation. You don't have to be a member or live in the area to show support. They are trying to prove that the range the way it is run right now is supported by local and none local shooters and competitors that come to the area to use the range. Here's a link for more info.
    http://www.gunsafety.org/index.htm

2. Tacoma Red

Tacoma Red Active Member

Over the weekend my granddaughter had a softball ceremony and during the singing of the National Anthem you could hear the shotguns at local gun club. Made me proud to be an American!

Bob Rankin likes this.
  3. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    I have proudly signed that petition and sent messages to the county commissioners. I'm not a member, but know some and support the cause.

Islander likes this.
  4. Bob Rankin

Bob Rankin Chasing fur and fish every second I get :)

Islander
    Maybe it's time to move. I don't mean to be insensitive and I do hope your petition passes, but doesn't it get old dealing with those type of people? It's nice to be able to go shooting at the range or out in the brush without people in your business or ruffling any feathers. I moved from Seattle 8 years ago and don't miss it a bit. Like I said I hope it works out. There is not a Damn thing wrong with a guy wanting to go to the range and have some fun. If they don't want to hear gunshots don't buy a house next to the gun range. Sorry!

Tacoma Red and Alex MacDonald like this.
  5. Islander

Islander Steve

Bob, I don't live near this range. I just travel over there to shoot competitions now and then. We have 3 ranges on Whidbey and haven't had any issues yet with folks moving close and then complaining about the noise. I expect it might happen eventually as there were a few idiots that bought houses close to the Navy's practice field near Coupeville and then tried to sue them to stop training because of the jet noise. The last big gun related noise issue here on the island came from a guy who had a personal gun range on his own property. A couple of his neighbors tried to shut him down and the County Commissioners were over run with folks in support of his right to shoot on his property. Hopefully I won't have to move anytime soon.

Bob Rankin likes this.
  6. Bob Rankin

Bob Rankin Chasing fur and fish every second I get :)

Islander

I understand, and I hope you don't have to! But.... it sure is nice over here:) I'll look for the petition today and sight it gladly.