Kitsap Beach Outing 8/18 am

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by D3Smartie, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Rob Ast

Rob Ast Active Member

Arthur, PM'd you

2. Jim Ficklin

Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

Dang! Those are things of beauty!

3. Arthur Vakulchik

Arthur Vakulchik Young Gun

Well if it's anywere aroung Kingston than I can probably make it no problem. But if it's further than I may be in need of a ride if anybodies got room.

Arthur

4. dryflylarry

dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

I assume most of us are going to fish our favorite beaches, then meet up and tell lies later? Don't want to "gangbang" one beach all together, right? :D :hmmm: Of course, we'll probably run in to one another.

5. Arthur Vakulchik

Arthur Vakulchik Young Gun

Oh, I see. Idk if I missed this but were r we supposed to meet?

Arthur

6. Ethan G.

Ethan G. I do science.. on fish..

Looks like I might have to miss this one. Cutting it a bit close to WSU move in. Depending on my scheduling, though I might be able to get one last day of salty fishing in.
    -Ethan

7. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Tuesday...a freaking Tuesday...can I get a salt mine release pass?

8. D3Smartie

D3Smartie Active Member

i figure using the boat is cheating now, so i'll spend a morning on the beach ;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Big E

Big E Moderator Staff Member

Does your boat happen to be named Sapphire Princess II? ;)

10. Ed Call

Is that brain matter? Awesome. Wait, are you releasing that fish from a net into the prop wash via the prop...that is chumming...

11. kelvin

kelvin Active Member

wtf?
    I am gonna start tying flys that look like props

12. is this going to happen? i might have my kids in the morning but could possibly make a trip up if the group is still going.

13. bigfun4me

bigfun4me Team Infidel

D-3 I saw that post and all I can say is "wow". The WDFW will now have to add boat propeller as a method of angling.

I fished the area being considered for this gathering on Sunday morning and it was very quiet. Hopefully the rain and a good tide will improve things.

14. Nathen Hower

Nathen Hower Member

I can call in sick that day so I am should a go.

15. Greg Arcara

Greg Arcara Member

I am taking the day off so I plan on showing up for sure.

16. OK - It seems like this is going to happen ... but WHERE is it going to happen.

17. existentialist

existentialist New Member

Unfortunately I am busy that day, but as a newby that's trying to learn everything I can I think this is a great idea. Hopefully this is something that will catch on and will get scheduled every once in a while to give those of us that are learning a chance to do more than randomly cast.

18. Rob Ast

Rob Ast Active Member

I just ordered a new rod for this event (as long as it shows on time). Lets just say people may mistake me for Dave Smart (at least until I start casting:rofl:).

19. D3Smartie

D3Smartie Active Member

still on and location is still TBD. as far south as B.I. and it could be as far north at Foulweather. Scouting has been going well. Lots of good cohos to be caught.

20. Ed Call

Work day, tough to bail from the cubicle. No cubicle, no cash...some of us are lucky to be working so I won't bitch too much about not having any benefits, not getting any sick leave, vacation time and such. I'm doubtful despite the great tides next week.