Kitsap Beach Outing 8/18 am

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by D3Smartie, Jul 23, 2009.

1. His girlfriend probably won't let him go fishing..... :rofl:

2. ha spare me. i just got back from fishing, having been in the boat all day. Little sun burned amd aside from the lack of fish until about 530, happy.
    PMs heading out now.
    sorry it is past so many of you guys' bed times.

3. Well I haven't done much fishing in the area so if someone who is familiar wouldn't mind me meeting up w/ ya I would happily buy you a beer or 2 after. My beach luck is due hehe. I have to grab the ferry but I plan on taking the 5:45am so I should be on that side a little after 6.

4. Ha! Half these young guys are in bed by now David! You're in charge. At the very least, pick a place to meet up after fishing. :thumb:

5. Thx D3 see you early tomorrow.

6. 9:30 PM - have not received a PM

I guess I am going to my secret spot instead ........ work, ughh.

7. Got the memo. See you in the AM

8. Got the memo. Thanks.

9. So, are you guys all sworn to secrecy of the Kitsap brotherhood? Did you get such white hot action that you want it all to yourselves? Did the gang of you get skunked so damn bad that you can't fathom posting? I had a good day in the cubicle, but would have rather been hanging with you Kitsap Tuesday fishing freaks today. I even had a box of flies for Nick.

So...?

10. Hey Ed we missed you but you didn't miss anything. Early in the morning I saw one and one only fish jump. Also saw one bait clump moving up the beach. Other than that it was strictly casting practice and cleaning salad off ones fly. Excellent exercise. Maybe it's time to go back to lake fishing. I have yet to take a fish from the beach.

Mike

11. I didn't get skunked, but I'm not bragging about another 10" rezzie shaker.

12. Mike, glad you got out with the Kitsap Gang. Lakes are too hot. Keep giving the beach a go. Follow the great advice you've gotten in how to fish the tides and you'll be beaching lots of fish soon. It is still a tad early, reports say the big silvers are inbound. Rob, when do you go back to work? Available Friday? I'm pondering getting out.

13. It was nice meeting a few folks even if work required that I show up late and leave early. Only saw one silver jump. Heck of a lot of salad in the water, too. Thanks to Mr. Smartie for organizing the get-together.

14. Nice meeting many of you today. Thanks for the doughnuts Ron!

15. The only fish I saw brought to hand was Greg's out at the tip of the point. Glad his ferry ride resulted in touching some scales.

I did, unintentionally, floss a crab to hand. One more species checked off the list.

And then I caught a wicked sunburn.

Great day.

16. I am sad that I missed this - Even if it was just casting practice - Work tied me down today.

For what it's worth - I am headed from Seattle to PA Saturday morning. I will be fishing PNP that morning for sure. I would be glad to meet up with anybody else who is interested in trying to catch an early run coho. I'm an early bird so I will be there by 5:30, fishing until about 9:00. I'll be the guy with the LL BEAN stripping basket with recently epoxied, formerly self drilled, drain holes. If you see me please swing by and say hi.

Good fishing to all.

17. Sorry I also missed this gathering...I run to Seattle every weekday to work. I hope you all enjoyed yourselves.
    Randy

18. I too ended up having to miss this event. It sounds like a good time was had by all. A crab flossed is a new one, I'm guessing it wasn't on a popper.

19. Nofishlarry here! Sorry I may not have gotten to meet everyone. I was the fool out in the pontoon boat. Thought I would give it a try once, but think I'll stick to the beach wading. Much more of a pleasure for me. Of course I might have changed my mind if I would have hooked up. Too bad there didn't seem to be any fish around. I pounded the beach with no success after the tide turned. It was nice to meet a few guys and good to see you again Jason. Let's fish.

20. Man, I'm bummed I had to miss this, but my fiance and I decided to call it quits over the weekend, and there was just too much going on for me to get out. Trying to find a place to live short notice is a pain! Sounds like everyone had a good time. Hopefully we can do something like this again.

Nick