Kitsap Lake Report

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Van BT's, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Van BT's

Van BT's New Member

Hey fellas, it's been a while. Got my boat out this morning for a few hours bringing only my 7wt with a floater and type 4 full sink lines. Arrived at the launch to find the water a "pea soup" color, probably from all the rain last night. Also found a new sign saying blue green algae has been found in the lake. Oh and the wind was already at a steady 10-15kts at 730am; not a big surprise for Kitsap Lake. Not good signs, but I didn't have time to run off anywhere, so backed the trailer down and off I went. Targeting bass, I threw some poppers of the large and small variety, and getting nothing on the choppy surface, I switched to the sinker and slow retrieved an egg sucking leech, mickey finn, clouser minnow, and finally twitched a dumbell-headed bunny leech across the bottom near the docks, trees and shoreline. Didn't get a single nibble. So after going 0 for 4 lifetime at that place, I think I'm finally writing it off. I always hear about the big bass people catch out of there, and I've also tried with conventional gear, and never caught a damn thing. Oh well, nice to get the boat out anyway. Take care folks...