Klickitat River, WA

Discussion in 'Trip Reports with Pics' started by DockBoy, Sep 29, 2013.

1. David Dalan 69°19'15.35" N 18°44'22.74" E

Walla Walla, WA
    Ratings: +729 / 0
    A lot of pissing and moaning. First off the Klick has a ton of traffic, and im inclined to think even if two flyshops are guiding the hell out of it its still a small % of the river traffic. A few weeks ago I was in a quieter chunk of water and saw 6 boats. I think Reds and Brazdas were two of them. But there are a ton of locals, Vacouverians and citizens of Crakama and Portlandia there as well.

FWIW, all of the boats I saw skipped the holes I was in entirely, and the one I found parked, had no issue with me low holing him (I asked).

Some of the comments about river traffic and guide use and abuse are a bit out of sync with reality.

Still a great place to fish.
    PT likes this.
  2. Yard Sale Active Member

The Hood
    Ratings: +134 / 0

So you had one good experience and thats the norm?

I fish this river a lot, its my local. In the canyon section I would say a solid 75% of the boats are from the two shops mention. I would also say that MAYBE 1 out of 10 of those shop boats can go through the entire run without dropping their beads in the water. More often than not they begin back-rowing hard as soon as they are just past casting range. Basically the boats from those two shops alone make the canyon a busy place and they just pound that water relentlessly.

I think why people jumped on the OP is he isn't a regular here and either just wanted to jump in and brag or was spamming us about the shop that took him. Weak sauce either way.
    Evan Burck likes this.
  3. David Dalan 69°19'15.35" N 18°44'22.74" E

Walla Walla, WA
    FWIW, i have good time every time I'm there. Maybe its my sunny disposition. Sometimes its a zoo, sometimes its only sort of a zoo . I have no doubt you fish it a ton more than I do. I could indeed be lucky as I can think of a couple of rivers with nuttier midweek traffic I fish with the same freq as the Klick. I'm just sharing what my experience has been. "What I see is reality to me.":)
    Irafly likes this.
  4. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    Ratings: +1,593 / 2
    I no longer fish there. For every good experience I've had there, I've had several more bad ones. No finger pointing or specifics need given... But it bums me out on a frequent basis that it just isn't worth my gas money and time.
  5. Evan Virnoche Outerspeyz Fly-style

Mill Creek
    Ratings: +675 / 0
    i was never aware brazdas was now a shop
  6. David Dalan 69°19'15.35" N 18°44'22.74" E

Walla Walla, WA
    I mentioned him only as a guide who i think fishes it and who i think i saw :)
  7. CLO Skykchromish Light Saber

Seattle
    Ratings: +285 / 0
    [redacted]
  8. David Dalan 69°19'15.35" N 18°44'22.74" E

Walla Walla, WA

must have been good :D
  9. constructeur Active Member

Seattle, Wa
    Ratings: +401 / 0
    It's the hubris of what the majority finds acceptable that I was originally posting about.

The rest is just me taking cheap shots at easily excitable Seattlites. :)
    PT likes this.
  10. Yard Sale Active Member

The Hood
    Ratings: +134 / 0
    Mmmmmmm, extremely spicy red bell pepper hubris is my favorite. Slap that shit in a tortilla with some chips and call it lunch!
    Derek Young and David Dalan like this.
  11. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,324 / 9
    Here we see fishery that has gotten a lot of press and internet attention. Here we have varied forms of fishing, some more aggressively than others. Here we have some new members at odds with old members with a spirited discussion. Keep it civil and carry on smartly. Degrade the conduct and other actions will follow.