koffler pram

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Bob Rankin, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Ready for BC!!! Mike, I want to get out and fish with you on those Spokane lakes...

2. Nick Clayton

Nick Clayton Active Member

Media:
    Awesome setup Paul!

3. Thanks Nick, sorry to hear that you had some issues with the trailer?!?!! Need to get you out to Eastern WA. Sorry to hijack the thread, to the original poster. I love Kofflers' owned three of them, definitely the Cadillac in the pram world. Nice boat purchase!

4. Nick Clayton

Nick Clayton Active Member

Media:
    Yeah it was an unpleasant surprise when I grabbed the trailer the other morning to hook to the truck and the right wheel bowed out then fell right off. lol Kinda changed my plans for sure. Doesn't sound like it will be a terrible fix once I can get someone with knowledge of such things to have a look at it.

I am itching to get east, you have no idea!! Even if I have to just make a long day trip one of these days I'm going to make it happen.

5. cb3fish

cb3fish Banned or Parked

Sir,

I think you might be referring to a king Salmon fishing article out of a pram where I was on the cover of the magazine from Aug.-Sept. 2004? The Pram article was last year I'm pretty sure.
    I'm happy to see somebody reads my stuff besides me :)

Carl Blackledge

6. cb3fish

cb3fish Banned or Parked

Paul,

As I have said a few times in my fishing articles "a well built pram is a work of art" Your pram certainly falls right into that category. I'm happy to see others who take pride in there little piece of heaven :)
    A well designed safe pram is just like walking on water when fishing. When I used to fish the Williamson River in southern Oregon, I could stand up in my pram and hold on to the electric motor as I was floating down the River, I could then spot fish a few hundred feet away downstream. ease the anchor down, and cast downstream to them or position my pram where I had an angle at them, just deadly. If I was in a float tube, or anything else where I couldn't stand up, by the time I seen the fish it would have been too late.

Carl Blackledge

7. Bob Rankin

Bob Rankin Chasing fur and fish every second I get :)

Nice set up Paul thats a sweet baot. I got A dolly with my pram,and if I strap the dolly under the oarsmans seat i can tip it up and drop one end of the boat on the tailgait. then lift the outher and in she goes. Im hitting some of the east lakes this week, so maybe ill see some of you. good fishing all. Bob.