NFR Korkers boot sizing

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by james.jimenez, Nov 6, 2013.

1. james.jimenez

james.jimenez Active Member

I am currently doing some research for a friends wife who is getting him a pair of wading boots for their anniversary. She is looking at getting him a pair of Korker wading boots with the boa laces and has asked me if they are true to size.. What she means by this is this,

DOES SHE HAVE TO BUY THE BOOTS A SIZE LARGER THAN HIS REGULAR BOOTS TO ACCOMMODATE HIS WADERS NEOPRENE SOCKS?? HE WEARS A SIZE 13 SHOE SHOULD SHE BUY A SIZE 13 WADING BOOT OR GO UP A 1/2 SIZE, GO UP A FULL SIZE, OR BUY A SIZE 13 BOOT??

ANy information I could get would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance for your info and help.

2. mx610ktm

mx610ktm Member

Media:
    I went up a size on mine and they fit perfect. enough room for a nice sock in the winter and not sloppy if I just use a neoprene sock.

3. Brady Burmeister

Brady Burmeister Active Member

Media:
    I wear size 12 work boots and size 14 Korkers. In the winter, nothing makes you colder than tightness around your feet.

4. mtskibum16

mtskibum16 Active Member

Media:
    I went with my normal size and they fit great. They are supposed to be size corrected for waders so that you order your normal size. Obviously some people have situations (winter fishing) where a size up works best. Gift receipt. ;)

5. Boomer51

Boomer51 New Member

I also went regular size and they fit great. Looks like not much help from us!

6. Luke77

Luke77 I hope she likes whitefish

Media:
    I normally wear a 11 size shoe, but went with a size 12 korkers. So glad I did as the extra room allows for big socks and enough room to keep the blood flowing in my feet on those cold winter mornings stomping through the snow to get to a run.

7. scottybs

scottybs Active Member

Home Page:
    I'm a street size 13, bumped up to a 14 and they're about perfect! Their "true sizing" is a load of nonsense.

8. nick@korkers

nick@korkers New Member

In general, we recommend adding 1 full size to your street shoe size to accommodate for waders.
    We also have some new boots styles that will be shipping to retailers beginning 12/2, just a heads-up. Don't really want to elaborate because it's not appropriate for me to "advertise" here, just wanted to provide you with some additional information.

scottybs likes this.
  9. Ryan Higgins

Ryan Higgins Active Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I am a size 12 and went with 12's. They are too snug with winter socks, just right with regular socks. I'll be ordering another pair for winter fishing.

10. scottybs

scottybs Active Member

Home Page:
    Kudos to both Nick and Ari, you guys are great when it comes to warranty issues with your boots! Good luck with the new product.

11. freestoneangler

freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Media:
    +1

12. Chris Johnson

Chris Johnson Member: Native Fish Society

I've had bad luck with wading boots in general, and korkers were no different. They are comfortable and ok to get on and off, but just didn't hold up. I'm trying Simms this time. I always go at least one size up.

13. mtskibum16

mtskibum16 Active Member

Media:
    That might be the ticket - two pairs. It seems like they'd be pretty sloppy if I went one size up for summer season stuff, but street size are a bit snug if I use super thick socks for winter. Maybe on my next pair I'll try a size up.

14. Ryan Higgins

Ryan Higgins Active Member

Media:
    Albums:
    It's the only solution I've found. In the summer a boot that has enough room for winter socks is too sloppy. Vice versa for summer boot in winter. I've decided to quit compromising and suffering and just buy another pair. I should get more life out of them as well since they will only be used half the season.

15. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    I got mine 1 size larger so my winter socks would work well. In summer I put a slightly thicker insole and this prevents the slop.

16. Nick Clayton

Nick Clayton Active Member

Media:
    I wear a size 13 street shoe, and on the recommendation of my local shop went up a size when I bought my Chrome boots last year. I find that I can wear them with a single pair of socks with no slop, and have room for 2 thick pairs for when its colder. Best of both worlds for me.

I have loved the boots since I bought them. Extremely comfortable, and easy to get on and off. I've lost a couple pairs of soles while chasing chums in the mud, but to be fair I was in some pretty awful stuff and I'm surprised my entire boot didn't pull off in that gunk.

I just today had my first interaction with the company, and I will say that I will continue to support Korkers with all my future wading needs. Fantastic customer service!!!!!

17. wichaka

wichaka Active Member

I went with one size up as well, and it appears from others posts...it tends to be the norm.

18. chewydog

chewydog Active Member

I went up a half size as they are whole sizes only. Fit fine for months, then shrank so bad I couldn't get them on. Sold them on CL to a guy with smaller feet. Never had that problem with Simms, so I'll stick with them. I felt like a test subject for Korkers.

19. Brian Miller

Brian Miller Be vewy vewy qwiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout

Media: